Original Xbox controller on 360?

Nomad

2[H]4U
I have been googling this and searching the forums to no avail.

Is there a way to use original xbox controllers on the 360? I have the PC USB adapter for the original xbox controllers - but it didn't work.

I have to ask, why would you want to use the original when the new one is far superior if you ask me. Unless it is for some original Xbox where the old one works better for you I just dont see the point.

Blauman said:
I have to ask, why would you want to use the original when the new one is far superior if you ask me. Unless it is for some original Xbox where the old one works better for you I just dont see the point.
Maybe he has a spare XBox1 controller sitting around and doesn't want to shell out the $50 for a new XBox 360 controller for his buddy to use.

Actually - never been an issue for me until I downloaded pacman. I have a fighter stick controller from the original XBOX that I want to use to play pacman instead of the thumbstick.

Isn't the original controller USB, but with the proprietary connector? If so, you could try to figure out the pin out and swap a normal USB connector on to the controller.

Axoman said:
Isn't the original controller USB, but with the proprietary connector? If so, you could try to figure out the pin out and swap a normal USB connector on to the controller.

People have tried, it doesn't work.

Nomad said:
Actually - never been an issue for me until I downloaded pacman. I have a fighter stick controller from the original XBOX that I want to use to play pacman instead of the thumbstick.
There's a new Microsoft branded arcade stick that should be coming out in the near future. You might want to wait for that.

B. W. said:
There's a new Microsoft branded arcade stick that should be coming out in the near future. You might want to wait for that.
If I've seen the one you're mentioning, I'm actually a little pissed/perplexed at the design decision on that puppy. I really can't understand why they don't have the 3+3 button design on that thing. It would make playing street fighter 2 and all games based on that button config a hell of a lot nicer.

I use an adapter for an original Xbox controller on the PC, which makes it standard USB....and if the XBox360 controllers are standard USB, and yet it doesn't work for that....well that's just weird!

Synful Serenity said:
I use an adapter for an original Xbox controller on the PC, which makes it standard USB....and if the XBox360 controllers are standard USB, and yet it doesn't work for that....well that's just weird!
That is the adapter that I have. It doesn't work - which is kind of a bummer.

Back