Original Swiftech H220 on AM4?

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an original Swiftech H220 that has been sitting in a box for years because the pump died. I recently got a new 2700X system and thought that I could just replace the pump in this rather than buy a new cooler for the Ryzen.

So I have a couple of questions:
1. Which pump do I need to buy to replace it?
2. Are there AM4 brackets made for it? I see AM4 brackets (albeit sold out) for the X220-X, but not the original.

Thanks in advance.

The original H series from Swiftech use a modified DDC pump. You can put a standard DDC in there if you modify the volute on the H220. The modified DDC from Swifty has a center pin on the impeller that pockets into a little keeper suspended in the center of the inlet on the volute. Dremel that out and a regular DDC will fit.

I did the same thing a number of years back. Scroll down on this thread for pictures:

https://hardforum.com/threads/pump-upgrade-isnt-fitting-help.1912818/

As for the bracket, can't help you there. The AM4 bracket is a pretty simple machine though, maybe you could fab something up if there aren't any commercially available solutions.

The original H series from Swiftech use a modified DDC pump. You can put a standard DDC in there if you modify the volute on the H220. The modified DDC from Swifty has a center pin on the impeller that pockets into a little keeper suspended in the center of the inlet on the volute. Dremel that out and a regular DDC will fit.

I did the same thing a number of years back. Scroll down on this thread for pictures:

https://hardforum.com/threads/pump-upgrade-isnt-fitting-help.1912818/

As for the bracket, can't help you there. The AM4 bracket is a pretty simple machine though, maybe you could fab something up if there aren't any commercially available solutions.
So in your pic, that little piece that sticks up, you cut out? Then the pump fit?

So in your pic, that little piece that sticks up, you cut out? Then the pump fit?
Yep! The Swiftech hardware is a bit longer than you need if you're reusing it to mount the new pump, so cut down or apply washers as needed.

Yep! The Swiftech hardware is a bit longer than you need if you're reusing it to mount the new pump, so cut down or apply washers as needed.
Any idea which Laing DDC to get? It looks like they have a number of them...

Any idea which Laing DDC to get? It looks like they have a number of them...
The Liang DDC is an OEM pump which is rebranded and sold (sometimes with custom modifications) by a large number of companies. EK, Alphacool, XSPC, etc etc - they all sell the same pump, and any DDC top will work with any DDC pump, generally speaking.

Personally I've had good luck with Alphacool's DDC310. It's inexpensive, nice and quiet, and readily available.

Back