Original Grand Theft Auto Being Rebuilt in 3D

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We will have to take a guess that the thought here is: If you liked the original Grand Theft Auto, you are going to love it in 3D. Michael Dailly, one of the original designers of GTA, has plans on the table to do just that.

Either way, this 2D environment from all the way back in 1997 is headed for a full-on 3D treatment.

Why?

How about instead of rehashing a game thats over a decade old, you... I dont know, come up with new ideas instead of recycling the SAME idea with a "new look" like Hollywood does with all our old movies (Like Poseidon adventure (sorry, new one is just "Poseidon" from 06)? God the new one was horrible, and I can see GTA 1 being remade as the new Poseidon Adventure - nothing like the actual GTA 1, and absolutely horrible.

Will they be adding hookers to rob and kill? If not, many people will be disappointed.

Meh -- already overloaded with games at this point, not enough time to play with work, house, projects.

The one thing that would be funny is when the recreate the ice cream truck bombs, or the line of parade people when you mow them all down in a short enough time GOURUNGA!! (or something like that)

I'm also in the Why... crowd. I mean, I don't see what it would bring back to the table.

Why is everyone so damn negative!?
It's a single project by one of the original designers, an indie game if you will, and you guys are bitching as to WHY? This will probably be a free download when all is said and done. I can't see why anyone would bitch about this.

Will it still be a top-down shooter like the original (but with 3d graphics) or are is it being remade in 'full' 3d?

It's a single project by one of the original designers, an indie game if you will, and you guys are bitching as to WHY? This will probably be a free download when all is said and done. I can't see why anyone would bitch about this.

probably makes them feel better somehow -- deep down they are probably pissed off this guy is more than likely loaded rich, and doing whatever he wants in life (this project being one of them)

You're guessing and reaching just as much as those of us who ask why, except that when this doesnt suck, we'll be surprised and happy. If it does suck, we're already prepared. If it sucks for you, thats a let down, and if it's good, you already expected it to be good, so you have nothing that will surprise you.

Beyond which, as I already stated, why remake something thats already been made just because? I'm getting tired of EVERYONE remaking old things. Let things that have passed lay, and make NEW content and games. Dont recycle the same crap over and over.

You're guessing and reaching just as much as those of us who ask why, except that when this doesnt suck, we'll be surprised and happy. If it does suck, we're already prepared. If it sucks for you, thats a let down, and if it's good, you already expected it to be good, so you have nothing that will surprise you.

Beyond which, as I already stated, why remake something thats already been made just because? I'm getting tired of EVERYONE remaking old things. Let things that have passed lay, and make NEW content and games. Dont recycle the same crap over and over.

Because it is one dude doing it on his spare time?
This isn't a production. This isn't taking anything away from them making NEW content/games. You guys....

The question is why? I like remakes, I like them quite a good bit, but usually it's to bring something back or something to the table. The newer GTA, are arguably what the old ones would've been anyway, with maybe a better story.

Back