Origin will let you refund your games

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
This is a very suprising, but also a very welcomed move by EA. Any game, that you purchase at Origin, you will be able to refund. During first seven days from date of purchase or after 24 hours from first activation, you can just click on "refund" in Origin window, and you will get your money back. Right now it works in 20 countries, but in September will be full worldwide service.

Taking that most of games takes 8 hours to complete, it might mean, that you get your single player campaign for free and pay only for multi :)

It's an excellent move, that I really like.

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-origin-launches-free-24-hour-return-on-ea-games

Already trying to scam the system. This is why we can't have nice things.

Very surprising to see this being offered by EA. But as generous as this is, I see it only lasting a couple of months at most before EA changes its mind because of dipshits that abuse the living shit out of it.

Last edited:
it is surprising how many comments i've read so far about people anticipating how to abuse this.

it is surprising how many comments i've read so far about people anticipating how to abuse this.

It doesn't surprise me in the least bit. A company does something decent and assholes ruin it by abusing it.

Actually it's very simple to remove the thing i mentioned about refunding games you completed - add special achievements - and once you pass them, like finishing 50% of game, refund is impossible.

"you aren't riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card - we've got your back," EA spokesperson Thierry Nguyen wrote on the official Origin blog

really nice move from EA...are people still hating on Origin?...24 hours after activation or 7 days from purchase is more then generous...but they need to tweak this to prevent people from abusing it...they need to eliminate the 7 days from purchase thing and just keep the 24 hours from activation part...too many scumbags out there will abuse it otherwise

"you aren't riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card - we've got your back," EA spokesperson Thierry Nguyen wrote on the official Origin blog

really nice move from EA...are people still hating on Origin?...24 hours after activation or 7 days from purchase is more then generous...but they need to tweak this to prevent people from abusing it...they need to eliminate the 7 days from purchase thing and just keep the 24 hours from activation part...too many scumbags out there will abuse it otherwise

Why? If you dont install the game, you have 7 days to refund. If you install a game, you have 24 hours to get a refund.

The 7 days doesnt have any special effect on this - its actually better as it's for when you havent installed the game - cant really scam on that, you didnt install it, so you didnt play it.

I would personally say 6 hours after install or something short like that. Enough time to make sure the game runs well, time to try to tweak it if it doesnt, and then get a refund if you cant get it working acceptably.

Why? If you dont install the game, you have 7 days to refund. If you install a game, you have 24 hours to get a refund.

The 7 days doesnt have any special effect on this - its actually better as it's for when you havent installed the game - cant really scam on that, you didnt install it, so you didnt play it

it's 7 days from purchase regardless if you activated it or not...so you can play and finish the game and get a refund which is what a good percentage of people will do...probably the same people who justify pirating games

it's 7 days from purchase regardless if you activated it or not...so you can play and finish the game and get a refund which is what a good percentage of people will do...probably the same people who justify pirating games

its 7 days if you dont activate/install the game, or 24 hours from the time you do activate/install it(as long as it falls under the 7 days limit)

Taking that most of games takes 8 hours to complete, it might mean, that you get your single player campaign for free and pay only for multi :)

Single Handidly you have convinced me there is still good left in this world and piracy on the pc is not a problem..

its 7 days if you dont activate/install the game, or 24 hours from the time you do activate/install it(as long as it falls under the 7 days limit)

in that case it's fine as is :D

and more importantly it's a much more user friendly policy then Steam, which is really all they care about

Hats off to them for this. I would hope and expect Valve to match with something similar before too long.

Back