Origin sale live now 60% on 200+ titles

I'm really tempted by Arkham City for $25 but I've got a massive backlog of titles. The $10 off something else in December (presumably they'll have a Holiday sale too) makes it even nicer ... but I still haven't even finished Arkham Asylum let alone newer stuff like Skyrim that's collecting dust.

Man I want Batman AC bad but don't want to buy off Origin. Ugh. Wish Steam would price match. May have to swallow my pride and pull the trigger tho. Probably be a while before its down to $25 again.

so if you buy Arkham City through Origin will EA just provide a key that you can activate via Steam?
Arkham City is Steamworks correct?

Just as a word of warning, I just bought Arkham Asylum for $10 through EA thinking it would activate on steam, but steam does not recognize the code. It seems the keys you buy through them will only work on origin.

For the last time people, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE. They are not Steamworks games.

If you buy them off Steam, you are just adding the Steam DRM on top of the GFWL DRM. There is no point. That's why I was willing to buy Arkham City off Origin.

For the last time people, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE. They are not Steamworks games.

If you buy them off Steam, you are just adding the Steam DRM on top of the GFWL DRM. There is no point. That's why I was willing to buy Arkham City off Origin.

Some people just like having the ability to have all their games downloadable from the steam servers at a whim. DRM is shitty but rarely actually bothers me. Just my opinion.

speaking of which, BF3 is almost finished downloading... 65.85% done.

good deal for $29.99 !

So I sucked it up and bought Batman. Wanted this to be a day 1 buy but had some money issues. $25 is just too good to pass up and I should be able to sneak that by the wife without her noticing. Only downisde is I'm here in Ohio at the in laws and wont be able to download and play til tomorrow night when we get back. Oh well, at least Ill have something to look forward to.

Some people just like having the ability to have all their games downloadable from the steam servers at a whim. DRM is shitty but rarely actually bothers me. Just my opinion.

I don't mind having my games split between mostly Steam and some on Origin.

It's easy to remember 2 logins :)

holding off for batman until tomorrow if nothing good shows up on Steam picking this up :cool:

Hmm, still no NCAA Football 12 or Madden 12 on Origin...thanks for the info though!

Browsing through the other titles.

I have both steam and origin.....if one has a good deal I buy the game from them.....havent had any problems with either.......now I gotta get outta this thread before I get pissed on with all the pissing contest going on.

I bit on Batman finally ... the $10 off something in December sweetened it just enough ... and there's bound to be another Origin sale to use that ten bucks when Steam does their holiday sale.

Fixt and not sure if serious.

D2D had a coupon for 20% off anything in their store, which included COD4MW3.

Steam does not offer those types of discounts, which typically come from the distributors cut.

Although I'm not sure what this has to do with the Origin sale at all, since COD4MW3 isn't even sold at Origin.

lol at all the people who missed out on Batman hoping that it would be the same price on Steam

Many forums are flooded with second hand game vouchers for Batman:AC.
At anytime someone can find a code for the Steam version for $25 or less.

lol at all the people who missed out on Batman hoping that it would be the same price on Steam

Naw I was holding out for other game deals via Steam/D2D etc doesn't matter with 300+ games on Steam I think I have plenty of games to play ;)

Back