Origin PC, never heard of it?

spincut

[H]ard|Gawd
I have never heard of them until like, today, but they do intrigue me. I was wondering what peoples experiences on them on here were like? How do they stack up to the likes of Maingear?

One thing I did like at the very least was their website design and good comparative pop up tech specs for respective parts (Maingear's site in that regard seems perpetually unfinished and underwhelming, then again, one tends to forget that once they actually put together a build they like and actually get and enjoy the PC so that issue is ultimately not as important as the performance of the machine itself).

I have never heard of them until like, today, but they do intrigue me. I was wondering what peoples experiences on them on here were like? How do they stack up to the likes of Maingear?

One thing I did like at the very least was their website design and good comparative pop up tech specs for respective parts (Maingear's site in that regard seems perpetually unfinished and underwhelming, then again, one tends to forget that once they actually put together a build they like and actually get and enjoy the PC so that issue is ultimately not as important as the performance of the machine itself).

its always cheaper to build em yourself.

if you have the money though why not!

its always cheaper to build em yourself.

if you have the money though why not!

Ok let me just kibosh this now because it could turn into a discussion that has little to do with my actual question. I'm asking about Origin PC and what people know about it, this has nothing to do with building a machine myself....let's please not deviate to that or other unsolicited tangential topics needlessly.

Origin does okay. They're nothing special (not Maingear or Falcon Northwest) but you could do far, far worse.

I've never heard of them.

Wow, surprising. I would think someone on the Hardocp staff would have remember reviewing their systems back in the day at least, but then perhaps they are really new then? I figured it was a popular company that just wasn't on my radar or something.

Wow, guys........you people amaze me.....

Origin PC was made by the Alienware guys, who left after Dell took over the company.
It's basically the "original" Alienware.

the systems are pretty bad ass, used to work for them for a while, great bunch of guys. "desktops" are sick, the laptops aren't the best looking ones (apple/alienware) out there but they do outperform anything else in the market.

of course, id rather build my own then buy.... if u want a bad ass system and not worry about the hassle of building it urself, id say go with Origin over anyone else.

Back