Origin keeps making me re-login. Somebody trying to hack the account?

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
Two days in a row my password has had to be changed by me. I changed it yesterday and today origin prompted me to re-login (despite me selecting remember me on the login page) and my new password doesn't work.

So is someone trying to break into the account? Seems likely.

PEBCAK

Replace user and press any key to continue...

I don't think so DPI. I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times.

How often do you open Origin?

I know that with Steam, if you don't log in often then you'll have to enter your username and password. I run Origin every so often and I always have to enter my password; it might be weeks between log-ins. I logged in two or three days ago and tried just now and it said that my credentials had expired. It didn't make me reset my password, I just entered my password and it let me in.

I have had the same issue but was on a shitty internet connection.

sometimes if the login server is down it will say your password is incorrect :rolleyes:

Hmmm nope. My internet is solid. Cox. Almost never an issue there. I login daily. The auto login should just work. Probably an issue on their side. For comparison, I don't recall steam doing this ever.

Auto-login seems to break for me randomly. I'd enter the same password and it'd be fine.

That happens sometimes with my sons laptop if it starts before the Wi-Fi.
Steam starts offline all the time with my daughters desktop. Not sure what's up with either lately.

Origin does the same thing to me from time to time. I made it a special password, made an email account just for Origin, and even contacted their customer service. In the end I concluded that their login servers are shit and the customer service rep I called all but officially agreed with me. When it's working I don't have issues with it. But sometimes it just goes batshit wonky and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Yesterday it prompted me to change my password before I can login to the service because I haven't used it lately. Which is a complete lie. I logged in using the old information just fine. Tired of this industry and their terrible password systems.

I was in the middle of downloading a game the other night when it decided to log me out saying something about a lack of activity. Um... I was downloading a game, how is that a lack of activity?

It's a damn good thing I never used this before and the only reason I have it now is because of the Humble Bundle games which I didn't get Steam keys for.

happens to me ever few weeks as well. Shit, it just happened last night and I had only been logged off origin for maybe 3 days?

The fact that each time I click the "remember me" check box - and it never does, is just further proof that Origin is truly a piece of shit.

Only reason I have it is for the battlefield series -- I'd be willing to pay a premium just to have it on steam where all the other awesome stuff is.

happens to me ever few weeks as well. Shit, it just happened last night and I had only been logged off origin for maybe 3 days?

The fact that each time I click the "remember me" check box - and it never does, is just further proof that Origin is truly a piece of shit.

Only reason I have it is for the battlefield series -- I'd be willing to pay a premium just to have it on steam where all the other awesome stuff is.

Me too. I would rather just have one program for all of my online games.

Ok so Origin sucks in this regard.

Back