Origin ID changer

I wish you could change your steam ID.

I made an account for my son, bought a bunch of games and then realized that I put a typo in his name.

Apparently you can never change your Steam name :p

It's a big deal because he has Aspergers and a lot of challenges spelling words and this is really bothering him.

I wish you could change your steam ID.

I made an account for my son, bought a bunch of games and then realized that I put a typo in his name.

Apparently you can never change your Steam name :p

It's a big deal because he has Aspergers and a lot of challenges spelling words and this is really bothering him.
The public Steam name can be changed at anytime. The account name can't be changed, but no one sees that except the account holder.

The issue is with the login name. It might not bother you or me, but it bothers the hell out of a kid with Aspergers.

To the degree that I would almost consider creating a new account and buying his games back.

I wish I could change my id for steam. Its from the old days when you had to make them with emails. And its an email I don't have anymore.

I wish I could change my id for steam. Its from the old days when you had to make them with emails. And its an email I don't have anymore.

i managed to change my email id fine on my steam account

wish i could change ti to what i want :D some bugger took mine before I made an accoutn @ EA .... maybe i did with an old e-mail but i dont even know how to find the account with it :D

The issue is with the login name. It might not bother you or me, but it bothers the hell out of a kid with Aspergers.

To the degree that I would almost consider creating a new account and buying his games back.

Might be worth contacting steam support and ask nicely if this can be changed as a one time deal, I've found the guys at steam support to be pretty reasonable if you're polite and state your case.

It might be worth preparing some evidence to prove who you are, proving you're the card holder used to purchase the games might help.

Might be worth contacting steam support and ask nicely if this can be changed as a one time deal, I've found the guys at steam support to be pretty reasonable if you're polite and state your case.

It might be worth preparing some evidence to prove who you are, proving you're the card holder used to purchase the games might help.

Thanks for the idea.

I was actually considering sending a facebook message to Gabe, but trying support first is probably a good idea.

I just need the letter "N".

I've spent enough on steam that Gabe should be sending me hand written christmas cards every year...

I signed up for steam awhile ago as well. I don't use that email anymore but keep needing to memorize it to log in. Not hard but would rather use a username.

Back