ordered my new 8 core setup :)

Love it. Just had to RMA my card since the other one had a broken cap which I fix but it look totally noobish.

My new one should be here tomorrow.

edit: monday the 6. GG bestbuy I love how I pay next day shipping. :rolleyes:

Awesome setup. When my workstation died I was going to shoot for the same setup but I ended up with my PM G5 thats in my sig for super cheap. I'm happy, though the lure of the 8 cores will always make me jealous. :D

Loco,
Let me know how you like it so far and any thing you might do differently.
I have the dually itch again.

Loco,
Let me know how you like it so far and any thing you might do differently.
I have the dually itch again.

Anything different? not much other then have 2 games open at once and alot more multi tasking has been a major plus on this system.

Heck I got to the point that I would use 80% of my quad core cpu when I had it.

dear god! 80% of your quad?
what the F do you do on that thing?
I can barely make mine push 50% most of the time, and i generally have something going on all 3 of my screens at any given time, along with several other background programs like torrents and such.
The only thing i could even use 8 cores for would be converting divx files back to DVD format. i suppose i could do 4 at a time and still be able to use the computer.
Right now i do 2 and its good. 3 and i'm gonna need to take a break from the pc for a while cause its just to damn bogged down.

Is there a story behind that case you're using? It's kind of hard to see it in the pics, got any others?

S[H]ady;1033277364 said:
dear god! 80% of your quad?
what the F do you do on that thing?
I can barely make mine push 50% most of the time, and i generally have something going on all 3 of my screens at any given time, along with several other background programs like torrents and such.
The only thing i could even use 8 cores for would be converting divx files back to DVD format. i suppose i could do 4 at a time and still be able to use the computer.
Right now i do 2 and its good. 3 and i'm gonna need to take a break from the pc for a while cause its just to damn bogged down.

Photoshop and Dreamweaver opened at the same time while transfering files from drive to drive. ect.

Is there a story behind that case you're using? It's kind of hard to see it in the pics, got any others?

No not really. I got rid of it. Sucked for gaming, which I was told but didnt think it would be THAT bad.

Back