ordered my new 8 core setup :)

OK PICS (without new stuff.)
IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

I simply enjoy the fact that it has a power plug that is similar to the plug on a the back of a HP DL580 power supply. That's a haus connector.

Now you just need to find some socket 771 heatsinks :p

Excited, keep us posted!

That's one thing I like about the D5400XS. It uses standard LGA775 heatsinks even though the board has dual LGA771 sockets. I really wish they'd all do that.

:)
IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I need 3 things.
ATI 4870X2
1 more waterblock (I already have one waiting.)
PCI-E Scsi Controller.

only 1 issue I hit so far:
Vista 64... 74GB Raptor = no go but works fine in server 2003.
Good things.
my board came with the latest bios.
runs great as we speak and its fast as hell.
overclocked to 2.8Ghz 1600FSB with no voltage changes.

What parts of the system are you liquid cooling? are you just going to liquid cool the graphics cards?
I was planning to build a dual quad system a couple months ago but I decided against it since it costs too much and I don't think I would need it for school even tho I am a computer major.

What parts of the system are you liquid cooling? are you just going to liquid cool the graphics cards?
I was planning to build a dual quad system a couple months ago but I decided against it since it costs too much and I don't think I would need it for school even tho I am a computer major.

CPU only. Last time I did video card(s) I killed them.

What you are going to use the workstation for? 3d modelling? Can't see any other application for it ;P

Oh just saw in your sig. Gaming rig. What a waste of hardware :p

Not even close to a waste of hardware.. If we all had gaming systems like this, they could finally release Duke Nukem Forever!

4870X2 ordered off BB, I had a gift card of $423.99 so I only paid $165.35 :)
I also ordered my 2nd water block.

more pics soon.

Wow. I approve of this.
Is it very loud, though?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, when you turn it on, does the neighborhood around you start to brown out?

Loud? not so much. but at 100% cpu it only uses 302w, which is unbelievable. But this is without a HD 4870 X2. Oh and my battery backup could stay on for 93 Mins at that voltage. At least that what it says.

Im curious, is this actually going to give you more FPS over an X48 Rampage Formula/QX9770 @ 4GHz/4870x2 combo?

Im curious, is this actually going to give you more FPS over an X48 Rampage Formula/QX9770 @ 4GHz/4870x2 combo?

No. Games love CPU clock, that why people say "4GHz Dual Core > 3.6GHz Quad Core" when it comes to gaming.

But does it have more CPU processing power? Yea! Does it look cool? Yea!

Loco is stuck at a 7x multi (which sucks) and limited how much he could overclock.

IMG_0799.jpg

Got it. :)

17784 on first run in 3dm06, but gpus are stuck clocked at 507Mhz and 500Mhz memory.

I was looking at this motherboard, but I'm figuring that I'll wait for Nehalem. Let us know how you like it!

Back