Ordered a DAC (Teac UD-H01)

shmitty

Gawd
Currently using a creative sound card
Headphones -Sennheiser HD-650
I have vintage recievers and intergrated amp collection that I use for my amp. My favorite is a Kenwood KA-7300 check it out @ http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-KA-7300.html

I currently having 2nd thoughts... I've avoided buying one for some long just for this reason its got the be the hardest component to buy! I was really leaning towards a Schiit Bifort Uber but @ 529.00 its 2x's the money as the Teac I settled on.
I also decided to do some other minor upgrades at the same time. Lets not crap on the cable selections I did my research I know its debatable but the peace of mind is worth it to me. I also wasn't going to go insane-o and drop 100's of dollars on each cable either.
audioorder_zpsdc545ddd.jpg

Everything I read said there wasn't any measurable difference between cables like those and the higher cost ones.

I thought really seriously about doing the exact same thing! I guess if amazon lacks on something its rca selection.

I have to say my wife wasn't exactly happy about this purchase, she thought the setup I had sounded great. Last night we went through some of her favorite artists and downloaded a few of their top songs for her to audition. Immediately it won her over. At one point she actually started to cry, this was a song that she had heard many times before and never had it evoked emotion. We downloaded stuff from Lissie, LP, Duffy, and a few others.

Everything I read said there wasn't any measurable difference between cables like those and the higher cost ones.

I read an article that tested high end monster cables against some metal hangers soldered together and nobody could accurately differentiate between the two.

But at least those cables the OP bought are decently cheap

i recommend looking at Bluejeans RCA cables - good prices / quality. Almost purchase them myself but importing prices are rediculous on these so i went with Van Den Hul interconnects instead.

Back