Ordered a brand new x52 pro.

Sagan

Gawd
After fighting with the Logitech extreme 3d pro I decided to buy the x52 pro. My friend has a regular x52 and he loves it, he recommended me the pro for the quality.

The best deal is around $181.42 at amazon.
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LQ4HTS/002-3929317-3617669

I ordered the x52 pro yesterday, I'm not done reading reviews for the joystick. I want to know what everyone's take on it for a hard core sim pilot.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I played flight sims, (Warbirds II, III, Aces High, Aces High II, Dawn of Aces.. ect, all WW2 arena sims) I just used a saitek twisty stick. Always worked fine for me!

Congrats! Been considering one myself. Now if only there were some good modern combat sims that would be coming out soon.

FighterOps is on the way, as well as Tank Killers (dedicated A-10 sim from Eagle Dynamics, the Lock On folks); in the meantime Lock On Modern Air Combat is still king of the hill (alongside Falcon 4.0 Allied Force); Lock on: Black Shark Russian helicopter sim is due out later this year. Enemy Engaged 2 just released in Europe (Comanche vs Hokum); Those West of the Atlantic can get EECH2 from gogamer.com.

My recommendation is Lock On, if you don't have it.

Modern shmodern, get IL2 1946 :)

Don't forget Jet Thunder is in development too.

Anything new from HitechCreations?

Seriously, how can you play an arena flight sim with lockon missles and all that baloney?

WWII flight sims FTW

Anything new from HitechCreations?

Seriously, how can you play an arena flight sim with lockon missles and all that baloney?

WWII flight sims FTW

We usually play Lock On: FC at hyperlobby. As much as I love WWII sims I.E. (IL2 1946) Lock on brings a new dynamic of gameplay. Maps are huge but with the high velocities of the Fighter jets and beyond visual range radars it gets claustrophobic with just a couple of missile launch warnings on your 6.

I still have my X36. I must have had this thing about ten years or so now. Haven't used it in a while but I sure loved it when I did use it. I found it worked surprisingly well with motorcycle games.

I also ordered an X52 pro a few days ago, and im just waiting for it to arrive.
I mainly ordered it to use in Battlefield 2.

I may however also get a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe, and try and learn how to fly some real planes.

Did you also consider getting the flight pedals as well?
I havent bought those yet but i might, i found them to be a bit pricey for what they are.
In that you can buy a whole Logitech Momo steering wheel and pedals ( which i already have) and it dosent even cost as much as the Saitek pedals alone.

I didnt get mine at amazon, as they dont sell anything but books into Canada, so i ended up paying a bit more somewhere else.

looking forward to giving this a try, as my last joystick was a complete POS.

In my opinion, the pedals I bought a couple months ago improved my flight skills almost as much as the TrackIR4 improved my situational awareness...yes, THAT much. I haven't flown in a while (damn RL), but they were worth the 140 or so I spent on Amazon for them.

In my opinion, the pedals I bought a couple months ago improved my flight skills almost as much as the TrackIR4 improved my situational awareness...yes, THAT much. I haven't flown in a while (damn RL), but they were worth the 140 or so I spent on Amazon for them.

Cool TrackIR4 .:eek:

I wasent aware of that product.. looks interesting, even supposidly supports Racing Games, like TOCA.

I will definately look into one of those, thanks for the info.

I also ordered an X52 pro a few days ago, and im just waiting for it to arrive.
I mainly ordered it to use in Battlefield 2.

I may however also get a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe, and try and learn how to fly some real planes.

Get IL2 1946, you can have decent air combat then.

Cool TrackIR4

TrackIR is simply awesome, I refuse to fly without it :D

I did some reading up on the TrackIR 4 Pro and the Track Clip Pro, and it is definately somthing i plan on buying.

One thing not covered in many of the reviews, is how much actuall head movement is required to move your POV in the game?

For example , if i want to look to my left do i actually have to turn my whole head left and thus no longer be facing the monitor, or is it sensitive enought that even slight head movements which keep the monitor in your field of view, enough to move it around?

Also how would one look behind them using TrackIR, given that once you look behind you your no longer facing the monitor?

It looks like if i do get one of these i might also need a new headset since the one i use now is not over the head kind, but instead one of the around the ears behind the neck style, which would not allow for the Track Clip Pro to be fastened.

Once again thanks for the info.

The sensitivity is adjustable, I only have to turn a few inches to look behind in game and certainly never enough that I am anywhere near losing sight of my monitor.

I received my X52 pro the other day.

And i have a few issues with it.

First there is no documentation with this thing, ( other then some little paper basically stating install drivers) even the so called maual on saitek site is pathetic.

One thing i would like to know is why when i go into the controller config in controll panel, and it shows all the axis, and buttons,, there are a few buttons with numbers,, well i cannot find what some of the numbers in the config screen corrspond to what physicall buttons? ( i cant remember which ones now. ill post more info later)

also on the HUD, there are two wheels.. when i click the left wheel one of the buttons in the control panel lights up,, when i click on the right button no number in the control panel lights up? So do i have a defective controller or is this normal.. Again this question stems from the lack of a manual indicating what number in the control panel buttons, corresponds to what physicall buton on the device.

also rolling this right wheel or pressing it dosent seem to do anything on the hud,, while the left one will cycle through time and stopwatch.

and finnaly when i press one of the buttons on the throttle ( they have letters on them yet no letters in control panel and i have no ideas what the letters mean) the primary POV hat switch on the joystick either flashes green or it will toggle on off. Is this normall?

Basically what i want to know is wether or not my controller is fully functional, or defective, without a usefull maual this makes it difficult to determine.

I plan on asking these questions probably with more detail in the Saitek forum, however since it looks like few ppl vist that forum, i thought i would ask you guys here who also have one of these joysticks for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Lead Pursuit. Same people that somewhat recently released Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Their website does not reflect that they are working on 5.0, but I know from other sources that they are. Or, at least they were a year ago.

Back