Orcs Must Die 2 Announced for This Summer

Johnked6

[H]ard|Gawd
Good news for fans of the original Orcs Must Die. Robot Entertainment, created by the founders of Ensemble Studios (people responsible for Age of Empires 2,3 and Age of Mythology) announced that they're working on a sequel, Orcs Must Die 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Td4NqobE0OA

The planned release date is sometime this summer. I highly recommend the first one for people who are the slightest bit interested in either 3rd person shooters or tower defense.

Some features include,

New female playable character
Co-op
New monsters and levels
New abilities

Last edited:
I suppose I should play the first one then soon lol. Bought it, yet to play it though.

superb game the first one was. Excellent soundtrack, excellent art style, excellent gameplay, even the little story they had thrown in there wasn't half bad. Highly recommended if you haven't played it yet.

First one was great, I'll definitely pick up the second.

I really enjoyed the first one. I haven't beat it yet. I'm at one of the firebat levels. Kinda stuck.

Cool, loved the first one, I still need to finish a couple achveivements.

I really enjoyed the first one. I haven't beat it yet. I'm at one of the firebat levels. Kinda stuck.

Same here. I really liked it but got to one of the last levels and was mystified as to what to do. Haven't gone back since. I need to, though.

This game with co-op will be AWESOME. Will really add to the replay value...can't wait for this.

Co-op? I'm getting it, but I hope it doesn't support more than 2 players, or I don't think it will be challenging.

Great news!

I'm also enjoying hero academy a lot on my iPhone (made by robot entertainment.)

I just hope, unlike they did with the original, that they patch all the bugs and actually support the game for more than two months.

Co-op? I'm getting it, but I hope it doesn't support more than 2 players, or I don't think it will be challenging.

Well I would imagine (or hope) that it's balanced according to how many players are there. If you just plopped 4 people into the current game, of course it wouldn't work well, but the new game will be designed around it.

Co-op was the only thing they missed in the first one. Looking forward to this.

I just hope, unlike they did with the original, that they patch all the bugs and actually support the game for more than two months.

Bugs? Like what?
They have their own active forums and Sixokay, one of the devs is on the Steam forums quite actively.

Game was great fun while it lasted. Can't wait for a sequel although I wish they would release more DLC or atleast a level editor.

Now that's some good news right there. I just finished up the first one a week or two ago, seriously looking forward to the sequel.

Bugs? Like what?
They have their own active forums and Sixokay, one of the devs is on the Steam forums quite actively.

Game was great fun while it lasted. Can't wait for a sequel although I wish they would release more DLC or atleast a level editor.

Auto Ballista 2x bug
Barricade pathing bug
trap bug - sometimes not able to place different traps in the same location after you sell them
"Blade beams"
stacking archers
stacking traps
leaderboards completely hosed with cheaters. Which leads to legitimate scores being deleted when they actually do clean it.

There are other "features" in the game that are suspect to me as well and need to be addressed, but those are just opinion on my part. What's listed above though are bugs/glitches, plain and simple.

The problem with all this is that I absolutely LOVE this game, I just wish they would have fixed the problems before abandoning it for OMD2.
IMO this is not a great way for an indie developer to get a loyal following.

Hmmm well for what it's worth, I got a good 40 hours out of it beating medium and nightmare mode so I can't really complain.

Auto Ballista 2x bug
Barricade pathing bug
trap bug - sometimes not able to place different traps in the same location after you sell them
"Blade beams"
stacking archers
stacking traps
leaderboards completely hosed with cheaters. Which leads to legitimate scores being deleted when they actually do clean it.

There are other "features" in the game that are suspect to me as well and need to be addressed, but those are just opinion on my part. What's listed above though are bugs/glitches, plain and simple.

The problem with all this is that I absolutely LOVE this game, I just wish they would have fixed the problems before abandoning it for OMD2.
IMO this is not a great way for an indie developer to get a loyal following.

So do you have to google those "bugs" for them to work? from all the hours I've played I've never come across those bugs, so that seems like you're looking too deep into it. I mean, sure they should fix it, but how many people actually know about it if they didnt google it?

So do you have to google those "bugs" for them to work? from all the hours I've played I've never come across those bugs, so that seems like you're looking too deep into it. I mean, sure they should fix it, but how many people actually know about it if they didn't google it?

It's not a big deal to the casual player, but when you're trying to get highscore on the leaderboards it's a bit discouraging when someone uses some exploit to beat you. I never had to google any of this. Between time on the Robotentertainment forums and having 340 hours played you're bound to see a lot.

I'm not trying to bash Robot for the fun of it. I'm just passionate about this because I like the game so much and want to see them address obvious issues going forward.

Yeah for sure man, I like the game too and I agree if bugs like that exist it definitely hinders the experience if you are a high score junkie :p.

I'm actually a huge fan of their mobile phone game Hero Academy, and would probably be just as disgusted by bugs like those as well. But I guess it depends on how many hours you put into the game where you can actually notice those bugs happen time and time again.

Anyone want to go in on a 2-pack? It comes out to $11.25 per person - they just released a demo on steam and most if not all of my concern has been lifted (can actually rebind keys/mouse). Pretty fun and the online CO-OP should make it even better.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201790/

Just a heads up this has been released. Been playing since yesterday and having a blast! It's mainly more of the same with a few new traps and the all important co-op, but that's fine by me, I loved the first one. I really like how they changed the upgrade system, it's much more flexible and i think it will give the game some more replayablility. Definitely worth $15!

Just a heads up this has been released. Been playing since yesterday and having a blast! It's mainly more of the same with a few new traps and the all important co-op, but that's fine by me, I loved the first one. I really like how they changed the upgrade system, it's much more flexible and i think it will give the game some more replayablility. Definitely worth $15!

Hell yeah, can't wait to get home! Have you played co-op yet, how is it?

The coop is a blast. A friend and I started a game thinking we'd play a couple of maps and ended up playing for 4 hours straight.

Midweek madness sale on Steam --75% off, total $3.74 for the next 48hrs. Everyone should own this game. I've spent hundreds of hours in the OMD series. So much fun.

I highly recommend the Complete Pack because it contains all three DLC's which are normally $5/ea

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201790/

Last edited:
I just checked it out, it's about 8 bucks for the first game and all it's DLC, and second game witha ll it's DLC. Anyone know if the first game had multiplayer co op? Or just second?

Considering buying for a buddy and I.

The first game does not have coop. The first game is worth picking though up as it gives you access to those maps to play coop in OMD2.

Bump for Steam sale. Is this local or online co-op?

edit: not on sale, just on front page for workshop. Still, question stands.

Last edited:
Damm LOL, I thought for a second before I realized someone pulled up this old thread that this was an announcement for OMD 3.

OMD 2 is such a great game, especially for some co-op action.

It's worth buying even at normal price.

Back