ORANGE Zotac 8800GT 1Gig

The fact that this company is bundling an HDMI adapter with it's card should be heavily applauded....

Looks like a mix of Asus brown and ATi red. Not too terribly appealing, really.

I'd like to see a white PCB/black hardware card, or something to that effect. Don't see that too often at all.

Looks alright. Don't all PCBs come from nVidia though, or no? Like does nVidia specially make these orange PCBs for this zotac company?

Looks alright. Don't all PCBs come from nVidia though, or no? Like does nVidia specially make these orange PCBs for this zotac company?

No, unlike the past mainstream releases NVIDIA has allowed the board partners to manufacture their own cards if they so desire. This is a marked departure from the past several years where NVIDIA has had a strict policy of only allowing their own boards (manufactured under contract by Flextronics) to be sold by the various AIB partners

It's definitely very good to see this again after all these years. Hopefully we will see some really neat board designs start coming out soon! :)

No, unlike the past mainstream releases NVIDIA has allowed the board partners to manufacture their own cards if they so desire. This is a marked departure from the past several years where NVIDIA has had a strict policy of only allowing their own boards (manufactured under contract by Flextronics) to be sold by the various AIB partners

It's definitely very good to see this again after all these years. Hopefully we will see some really neat board designs start coming out soon! :)

IT wasn't really the midrange nvidia didn't allow board changes too, it was the high end, and to my knowledge, thats still in effect with the 8800GTX and it was on the old GTS. I have always seen other midrange designs with different PCBs.

IT almost looks like that default PCB color, you know when their too cheap to add color (like asus'es low end), How is that an improvement, whats so hard about making PCBs the color black and sticking with it. the 8800GTS/GTX pcb's were black for a few months, what happened there?

I think it's pretty cool looking, actually. Sort of reminds me of the old days when we saw a lot of yellow cards.....

I like black PCBs as well. Looks a little nicer in my opinion. Better than the standard green anyways. White, like someone mentioned, would be cool to see also.

sonofwaffle.gif
Has ANYONE seen a review of the 1GB version ?

sonofwaffle.gif
Has ANYONE seen a review of the 1GB version ?

There have been a couple of reviews of another board partner's 1GB version and the difference is nearly nonexistent. Looks like it's mostly going to be a bragging rights only thing, although that MIGHT change a bit if you drop two of them in an SLI rig.

Back