Oracle idoc scripting is RUBBISH

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Compare these two pieces of source code for an Oracle-generated web page...
Doesn't work:
Code:
<!--$if strEquals(#active.SSContributor, 'false')-->
Do Stuff
<!--$endif-->
AND
Code:
<!--$if strEquals(#active.SSContributor, 'true')-->
<!--$else-->
Do Stuff
<!--$endif-->
works. Took a good fifteen minutes to figure out that apparently, there's a third option somewhere between "true" and "false." :mad:

Last edited:
I'd say you might want to look at strEquals and see if it is actually returning true or false. The working code you got triggers as long as its not equal to true. It would work just fine with another data type or pi as the answer.

try setting it to do stuff if the answer is true. Just to test if your even getting a true/false response.

You're doing a string comparison - are you sure that the strings you're supposed to be working with are, in fact, 'true' and 'false'? There's plenty of options, including Null, that you might be running into.

Already been through all of that, and yes- it's returning a boolean, it's just not assigning it until actively enabling Contributor mode the first time. Enabling/disabling works correctly, just loading the first time hangs.

the joys of coding.

My boss, who is decidedly not an IT person, just doesn't get it why I can't churn out code as fast as he can write email letters. Why if he can write 20 emails before lunch, I should be able to write a program that has about 20 pages of perfect code in a few hours as well.

Back