Optoma UHD38 or a 65 inch TV for gaming and home

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
Hi,

As the subject mentions, I have 2 options this summer for getting new means of display. I kept looking on the internet for these two options until I found the UHD38 and I stuck with the TV as I'm finding too many options and want to get the best options below $2,000. However from the price perspective, I find UHD38 a satisfying choice but just needed someone to confirm as it's not mentioned on the internet enough if it's a good option or not mainly to replace today's modern display with projectors and secondly to look up the this model. Thank you.

most of the forum is at work...
plus, i dont see a question anywhere, its just a statement.
youre welcome.

I am trying to pick a display. Do you have a recommendation on the forum if UHD38 is better or is there a worthy display the performs better for gaming?

A direct competitor at the same direct price (if you already have an projector room setuped), cheaper otherwise is a LG C1 55 inch, there is a giant thread about them.

One big advantage is LG C1 will support HDMI 2.1, 120hz-4k, VRR very well, will do HDR and I imagine will be clearly superior in every way outside the major one that is size.

And that will be hard for third party to judge how much your experience value screen size, are you already using an older projector with everything needed in place, just to switch it ?
Are you really enjoying the giant screen if that is what you use ?

Is HDMI 2.0 more than enough for what and how you play (i.e. 1080p-120hz or 4K-60hz and not esport type) ?
Do you want good HDR ?
Do you want Dolby Vision ?
Will you use it for movies has well and do you value giant screen size for that experience ?

Giant screen size is such a big factor here and a personal subjective experience (and setup) that it will probably be hard for people to guide you on projector vs tv like they could for TV models vs an other TV models or 2 model of projectors.

For a projector, it seem among the good one for gaming:
https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pro... is a good,virtually no significant input lag.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/optoma-uhd38

Which seem to make it more about projector versus tv versus monitor type of question.

Yes. UHD38 is decent and you are right that it doesn't fit as a comparison with a TV that a TV one or two year old had Dolby and HDR and black levels and more mentioned on the details. However my plan was to wait for a TV to be released 2022 ending but no ideas if there will be something new as I'm tight on a budget. However I never really experienced Dolby audio nor vision on a TV to say if it's worth it but I was just going to get a soundbar/Home theater/gaming headset if the projector sound is not enough for the setup. I never tested the projector myself in a wholesale retail and it's gonna cost half its price to be shipped to my country. A TV would be fine to be provided here but I know nothing if the projector can be provided here but mainly no high end projector is available here.

My question here then to be clear, would I notice much visual differences from a projector to a TV ans that a projector like the mentioned is gonna disappoint?

Back