Optimus watercooling, has anyone used their products?

then hit google or use the search button and see if anyone else offered any more info in another thread.

Been there, did that which is why I am here asking.

Their production has fallen behind demand so not many have their products yet. Fwiw there is potential there for them to be as good as anything before it. I'd really like to try out their TRX block whenever it comes out.

Their production has fallen behind demand so not many have their products yet. Fwiw there is potential there for them to be as good as anything before it. I'd really like to try out their TRX block whenever it comes out.

Thank you for a good answer, was interested in using their product in my first watercooling build but with the info lacking, I'll go with EK instead.

like i said, there are other threads/users talking about them so use the search button. see if they answer whatever it is youre looking for.

Hey, I have a question

"use the search"

I did, didn't answer my question

"then google it"

I did, still didn't answer my question

"use the search"

No seriously, I want more information than what is available, hoping to start more of a discussion with more people adding information that was previously unavailable, potentially making future searches more fruitful in the process.

"don't post new threads. Forums are not a place for discussion. We should only use search and google, NEVER MAKE NEW THREADS EVER, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

It's interesting that there is so little information on a product which looks so promising.

Oh well

They are seriously back-ordered (or have been until this week). They were getting paid units shipped first and should start having a few extra to give to reviewers, but there are few people that actually give good waterblock reviews. Multi-mount to reduce error, stress test long enough to verify stable water temp, the whole ball of wax. Techpowerup is the only name I have heard them mention as first-round reviewers.

I've never used any of their products. I didn't even remember the company at first.

They aren't cheap, but it's an American company using American materials and labor. Their tech is great, and the marine-grade nickel plating looks really good (to me). Definitely going on the loop next rebuild!

I want to try one of their waterblocks. You can order direct from their website if you want to bypass Performance PC's which only have a couple of the intel blocks.

They aren't cheap, but it's an American company using American materials and labor. Their tech is great, and the marine-grade nickel plating looks really good (to me). Definitely going on the loop next rebuild!
We need an American company after the demise of Danger Den. I will pay a premium next build.

The rep over at Overclock has been really up front about their strategy, as long as they are production bound the paid products go out first. They are not going to send freebies until there are actual available spares. And believe (not going back through the whole thread) that they have been pretty reasonable on the expected gains- you are not going to get 5 degrees if you are not overclocked, already running delidded / lapped, or otherwise have a really tuned setup. But hype is a self feeding beast so people keep getting more and more aggressive about 'you promised me...' and there have certainly been a few fires there. It's a fascinating read, and I do think it's cool to have someone shaking things up.

The rep over at Overclock has been really up front about their strategy, as long as they are production bound the paid products go out first. They are not going to send freebies until there are actual available spares. And believe (not going back through the whole thread) that they have been pretty reasonable on the expected gains- you are not going to get 5 degrees if you are not overclocked, already running delidded / lapped, or otherwise have a really tuned setup. But hype is a self feeding beast so people keep getting more and more aggressive about 'you promised me...' and there have certainly been a few fires there. It's a fascinating read, and I do think it's cool to have someone shaking things up.
I certainly was not implying that optimus was doing anything wrong in their strategy. I think it is smart. There is some mystery about it, it looks very high quality, and there has been slow, grass roots hype(and some exaggeration) about the product. I, for one, am intrigued and would probably buy the signature block if I was in a build just to support the company. I will be grabbing a couple of packs of those fittings to base my next build on, they are beautiful. Makes me want to try copper tubing.

Wow I am glad I started this conversation at the beginning of the month. I am happy to see it has gotten some traction.

Now if we can get a rep from the company in here that would be a big win

We just want to hear about your products and stuff like that if you want to give us a sales pitch. Maybe infomercial style :p

I was looking for more info on your company a month ago so I started this thread. Love the look of your products, very clean looking.

Any chance we'll see a TR4 block soon?

Awesome! For sure, happy to talk about our stuff, my favorite thing to talk about :)

TR4 is coming very, very soon. We're making it right now, in fact. Blocks should start shipping later next week. Here are some pics of the contact the block makes :D We're pretty happy. That's with KPX, looks similar with MX-4.

optimus-threadripper-3970x-coldplate.JPG
optimus-threadripper-3970x-cpu.JPG

Awesome! For sure, happy to talk about our stuff, my favorite thing to talk about :)

TR4 is coming very, very soon. We're making it right now, in fact. Blocks should start shipping later next week. Here are some pics of the contact the block makes :D We're pretty happy. That's with KPX, looks similar with MX-4.

View attachment 225740View attachment 225741
Wow! And I say that from a great deal of TR mounting experience.

There are a couple guys on the watercooling discord that have them and love them. I plan to run one myself.

Yeah, I dislike the monoblock I have now, but need to get a new MB that will last a while to excuse getting a new waterblock. But I think the rebuild will have to happen this year, just need to find a Ryzen2 deal I can't turn down... :)

OptimusWaterCooling any chance you might be interested in making something like the Swiftech Apogee Drive ii?

http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeDrive2.aspx

I know there is alot of demand for an intergrated pump/block combo for small form factor pc's and right now there isn't much innovation in that category.

I know of maybe a dozen cases which would be great for a product like that.

Thanks and I hope you are all staying safe.

I had not thought about those in a hot minute. That would be really cool to see an Optimus take on a DDC pump combo like that!

I would wishlist a silver cold plate before an integrated pump / block combo. On these multi core, heat concentrated AMD chips, the small thermal benefit to silver over copper may actually pay off. And if you’re already in for 120+ for a block, what’s another 50 to $75 anyway?

Just ordered an Optimus Foundation for my 3700X. Surprisingly, there aren't any professional reviews of the AMD blocks, but from what I'm reading online from user experience is that they seem to make more of an impact than the Intel blocks. The plate and micro-fin array is so large on these blocks that they apparently cover the entirety of the asymmetric Ryzen 3000 chiplets which results in rather significant cooling performance gains (some reported 2-4°C decrease in load temps over other top performers such as the Heatkiller IV Pro and Magnitude blocks).

Back