Optimus V1 Silver Water Block Unboxing and Breakdown @ [H]

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Kyle_Bennett, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Optimus V1 Silver Water Block Unboxing and Breakdown

Optimus Water Cooling may be a company that you are not familiar with. That is because this is its first publicly available available computer water cooling product in retail. Optimus is a US company producing products made and sourced right here in the good ole US of A. We just took delivery of it new V1 Silver water block for Intel sockets.

2. JDanser

JDanser Limp Gawd

Damn. That's a nice-ass looking block. My inner machinist just popped one.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  3. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTM Jan 16 March 17

I was wondering if you guys got your hands on one of these. Can't wait to see the results.

4. IKV1476

IKV1476 Lurker

Can't wait to see the results for this block as well as the other blocks shown recently.
    It is nice seeing water cooling still be a valid cooling solution and all this competition is great for the consumer.

These micro fins seem like they could be a good place for air bubbles to get trapped though.
    To bad it doesn't have a clear top too it, I love the flow pron videos. Really shows whats going on in these blocks.

5. guitarslingerchris

guitarslingerchris Failure is just success rounded down

Kyle could just leave the block open and pour some kool aid on it to simulate coolant to get you [H].

6. Dekar12

Dekar12 Gawd

7. Kyle_Bennett

Yeah, you could kill someone with this thing. Hopefully it will not come to that though.

Dekar12 and cageymaru like this.
  8. surfhick reborn

surfhick reborn n00bie

Don't the cooling fins just cut the inner o-ring? Wonder if O-rings or o-ring kits will be readily available for this. Also I have an Apogee block now, will this be better. My block was used when I got it and its getting pretty old by now.

9. Salamndar

Salamndar n00bie

This block is gonna be restrictive as hell !

10. Kyle_Bennett

Not if you use the right material. No cuts were on the o-ring. You can see indentions in the o-ring in the video.

11. surfhick reborn

surfhick reborn n00bie

Thanks Kyle. I did see the indents. That's what had me wondering. That and the fact that those fins might be sharp. I guess they aren't all that sharp.

12. Kyle_Bennett

Not that much pressure down on those fins. once you get that o-ring located and fixed in place, it just needs to touch those fins to "seal."