Optimal settings for JBL LSR305 speakers

korakk

n00b
I bought these speakers for my PC and just wondering about some specific settings on the back of the speakers that are very confusing for me.

I mostly play games and the speakers are about 1.2 meters away from me and have about a 40 centimetres gap between them (my desk is pretty limited and I can't separate them any more or move them further away.)

The settings I'm unsure about are;

Input sensitivity; they came shipped set to -10dBV (max) and can be set to +4dBu.

LF Trim; can be set between -2db and +2db

HF Trim; can also be set between -2db and +2db

Also, is there any settings I can change on my PC (Windows 10) to optimise sound (I've set them as front Right and Left speakers already).

Cheers

Sorry if this sounds mean but your first 3 questions falls under RTFM.

Input sensitivity; they came shipped set to -10dBV (max) and can be set to +4dBu.

Use -10dBV if you're hooking it up to consumer level devices with RCA outputs like a Schiit DAC or 3.5mm output like from a PC soundcard which is probably what you have. +4dBu is for Pro level devices such as mixers.

LF Trim; can be set between -2db and +2db

A slight bass cut or boost. Generally leave it at 0 for closer to accurate sound.

HF Trim; can also be set between -2db and +2db

A slight treble cut or boost. Generally leave it at 0 for closer to accurate sound.

Also, is there any settings I can change on my PC (Windows 10) to optimise sound (I've set them as front Right and Left speakers already).

Disable everything in the Enhancements tab in Playback devices and probably set frequency output to 48kHz/16bit or 24bit in the Advanced tab. For playing music and if you have an external DAC you'd want to have your player output WASAPI or ASIO so it's unmolested by Windows. Further optimization would require playing around with placement, buying a measurement mic, room treatments, and external room correction/eq.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No, just use -10dBV for the input sensitivity. Make sure you use the Toslink optical and not the coaxial since you have interference from your PC.

In close field monitoring wall treatment loses importance unless your room is echoing like nuts. Raising the speakers off the table level (to have the tweeters on ear level) and having soft mouse pads or other clothing in front of them on the desk are the best things you can do most likely.

Back