Optimal case for mATX, 300mm x 127mm graphic card?

gsilver

Gawd
My HTPC is currently using an NCase M1, but my upgrade plans include a wireless VR adapter (requiring the jump from ITX to mATX) and an Asus Tuf 3080, which is larger than the case supports, so I'm in the market for a new case.

I'm looking for optimal combination of low noise, good airflow, as compact as it can get without compromising the previous two items, and general aesthetics that aren't too far from the NCase M1, as I like the refined silver metal look of that case.

While I'm planning on a fairly large video card, I only need a single 3.5mm bay, which should allow a slightly trimmed-down case selection.

Reactions: Folly
like this
Any thoughts on the Jonsbo UMX3?
I'm kinda iffy with the large amount of open space at the bottom, but it probably helps with airflow and looks really sweet otherwise, and has enough space for the ASUS Tuf 3080.

UMX 3.jpg

The biggest downside that I see is no cutouts on the underside of the motherboard for component switching or cable routing, but my current motherboard (which will go to my HTPC after upgrading) has both m.2 slots on the top, so it's not strictly necessary.

Reactions: Folly
like this
Eh. I've been googling reports on the case, and however nice it looks, temperatures aren't very good, with the PSU positioning causing problems, and the drive bays where a 2nd intake fan would be better served at the bottom.

Though I really do love the look of the case. Anything similar looking but better designed?
The refined minimalist steel look is very appealing to me.

I've been watching few SFF videos lately, seems like something like Sliger Cerberus or Cerberus X may work for you.
Somewhat similar to Ncase, just bigger.

My HTPC is currently using an NCase M1, but my upgrade plans include a wireless VR adapter (requiring the jump from ITX to mATX) and an Asus Tuf 3080, which is larger than the case supports, so I'm in the market for a new case.

I'm looking for optimal combination of low noise, good airflow, as compact as it can get without compromising the previous two items, and general aesthetics that aren't too far from the NCase M1, as I like the refined silver metal look of that case.

While I'm planning on a fairly large video card, I only need a single 3.5mm bay, which should allow a slightly trimmed-down case selection.
Any thoughts on the Jonsbo UMX3?
I'm kinda iffy with the large amount of open space at the bottom, but it probably helps with airflow and looks really sweet otherwise, and has enough space for the ASUS Tuf 3080.

The biggest downside that I see is no cutouts on the underside of the motherboard for component switching or cable routing, but my current motherboard (which will go to my HTPC after upgrading) has both m.2 slots on the top, so it's not strictly necessary.
Came to ask the exact same question and the Jonsbo UMX3 looks perfect, I'm currently housing an ageing mATX build in an FT02, the plan is to re-use that case for a new build and switch out the old but still useful components to a smaller case to be used primarilyfor light work and web browsing, this Jonsbo case has a lot of the FT02 about it aesthetically, especially with the wraparound unibody frame and bottom intake, the black version of this would look great next to the Fortress, like a little cousin, so thanks for answering the question before I asked it.
sdq3wed.png

Last edited:
I ended up ordering the UMX3. There was a seller with two of each variant on Ebay for not too much (black/silver, window/no window).
I think that I'll get creative for the one SATA SSD that I'm using and add a second intake fan, since I really don't like the drive cage where it is. It's a 2.5" drive, so it can probably slide off to the side somewhere.

I really like my Fractal Design Meshify C Mini Dark TG case for Matx or itx. It can fit alot of stuff like a NH-D15

Back