Opteron 175 - - - $19.10 ? ! ? ! whoa....

cvfd1615 said:
DFI Lanparty is highly recommended.

Sorry not too computer savy but I do know this is better than what I have. I currently have a geforce 256 4x agp will this work with this MB? I will probably have to get new ram also?

Just got off the phone with "John" from page computers and the CPU is NOT in stock. Futher more not only do they not know when they will be getting any in, they will NOT be offering them for $20.

As they say, if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Damn, I can't get in but looks like that is a good thing. Hopefully you guys get your cards credited back.

That card will not work in the DFI LanParty - you will need either a PCI card or a PCI-E card - I have a EVGA 6800GS in mine and it does fairly well...

Look it up on newegg.com - Their good boards.

cvfd1615 said:
I used my debit card and no calls or email from my banking center. I'm checking now to see if its been charged.

Using your debit card online is a huge no no

I love it when a price mistake like this happens, then ebay mongers buy 20 of them and ruin it for everyone..

I tried to order one, worst case it gets canceled or they overcharge my card. Then I call the card company and tell them I only authorized a 40 dollar charge, not a 200 dollar charge.

I have a Citibank card and never had a problem with it getting turned off. On occasion if I use it a lot online they will call to verify that it is me using it, I tell them yes and the order goes thru.

scoob8000 said:
I love it when a price mistake like this happens, then ebay mongers buy 20 of them and ruin it for everyone..

I tried to order one, worst case it gets canceled or they overcharge my card. Then I call the card company and tell them I only authorized a 40 dollar charge, not a 200 dollar charge.

I have a Citibank card and never had a problem with it getting turned off. On occasion if I use it a lot online they will call to verify that it is me using it, I tell them yes and the order goes thru.

hmm i wish my bank of america was like that. they dont do anything really.

website locks up when i try to add to cart... either the 148 or the 175...

i bought 2 of the 148 from pc connection and that worked like a charm... i doubt it'll ship, but if it does, i'll cut off the IHS and see what 1.8vcore does to em, lol.

you never know, a couple months back I got an Asus-A8N SLI deluxe from microcenter for $45 shipped.

was supposed to be $137, not $37

nwahs000 said:
Sorry not too computer savy but I do know this is better than what I have. I currently have a geforce 256 4x agp will this work with this MB? I will probably have to get new ram also?

With a DFI Lanparty you'll need a new video card and probably a new PSU. If it's a socket 939 it'll take DDR memory... not sure what you have.

There's also a very slim chance these will ever ship at this price so I wouldn't plan on getting this.

rofl i ordered 3 and then while i was submitting my information they say, 'our store is closed for 30 minutes for updating'

hahaha

what the hell -- i will b SO pissed if i don't get my order :(

Looks like my order was received 5 times. I have 8 175's and 2 148's if the orders are filled. I will be happy to re-sell them to you guys for what I paid for them if them come in.

DivineSmack said:
Looks like my order was received 5 times. I have 8 175's and 2 148's if the orders are filled. I will be happy to re-sell them to you guys for what I paid for them if them come in.
I'd like to be in line for one of the 175's. Hehe =)

Wow - not in stock! I used debit card often while doing bids on eBay and some online stores and never once got overcharged nor stolen from me.

I got order confirmation after waiting for the page to refresh but all I see was white screen. I decided to let it wait a little longer. Finally, instead of click to get back or refresh it, I went foward and just checked order status. Sure enough, it showed my order. Whew!

Now the waiting to get it is killing me already. :D

I also ordered Opty 148 before ordering 175 and just recently I was curious to see if it's there or not. While the 175 shows "Back-ordered" but 148's no longer listed.

Nettwerk said:
Using your debit card online is a huge no no

Not necessarily true - it depends on the bank and how they handle their cards. I use my Visa check card online all the time. It's considered a debit card, but it's still covered under Visa's fraud liability with the same rules as a standard credit card. I've received more than one verification call, so I don't really have a reason not to use it. Sure helps keeps my impulse buying in check, although I sure as hell would have bit on this if I could have.

DivineSmack said:

how much

EvilTwinSkippy said:
Not necessarily true - it depends on the bank and how they handle their cards. I use my Visa check card online all the time. It's considered a debit card, but it's still covered under Visa's fraud liability with the same rules as a standard credit card. I've received more than one verification call, so I don't really have a reason not to use it. Sure helps keeps my impulse buying in check, although I sure as hell would have bit on this if I could have.

Mine was too until they used it on a holiday weekend to drain my account and couldnt get ahold of anyone at the bank to stop the card. Its covered but it was a big mess and the cash comming straight out of your account is a very scary situation.

I'll also take one DivineSmack if you have any available.
muchos gracias :cool:

Awful nice of you, DivineSmack. I'll buy a 175 from you if the order goes through.

I wonder if anyone is actually gonna get one of these. Seems to good to be true. When was the last time you spent under 20 bucks for a pretty good processor, or even a bad one lol? O_O

i would have to say that if this was going to be something that was cancelled, they would've changed the price by now.
but now it still shows as 19.10 but now its unavailable.

i mean, they had to know about it with 10,000 order requests coming in at once for the same thing.

having said that, i show an order of 3 going thru at 8:16am their time. no tracking # yet. no email nor has my bank been charged. so i'm not holding my breath.

What time does everyone's order say it was processed at. I ordered when I saw this posted on another site and it says 8:00AM.

Here is to 2 - opty 175's for under $50

Hope it goes through.

Damn here comes the cancellation emails, Site is down with the product link :mad: :mad:

Count me in as well DivineSmack if you still have 175's available. PM when you are looking to unload. Thanks

Back