Opteron 165 @ $260.97

Why all the hype? I paid $270 for a 165 back in February (from monarch, OEM)... Prices seem roughly the same as they were 5 months ago...

Would've been nice to be able to apply the $70 coupon from the AMD super hot deals coupons thread... (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

fusionrx said:
Would've been nice to be able to apply the $70 coupon from the AMD super hot deals coupons thread... (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

I'm sure I'm not the only one that tried..... ;) ;)

fusionrx said:

They would lose money if they did this.

No they are not lossing money. AMD is going to do price cut this week might be 50%.

DriveEuro said:
Why all the hype? I paid $270 for a 165 back in February (from monarch, OEM)... Prices seem roughly the same as they were 5 months ago...

I bought one back when they were $270 as well. The thing is, they haven't been that cheap since then. They jumped up to around $330 and have stayed close to there for the past 5 months. So, seeing them drop back down is sort of a big deal. ;)

This price is definitely a big hype b/c it DOESN'T require a coupon. For me it's not a big hype, but in general you need to realize that the general population doesn't know of the coupons.

What steppings has monarch been shipping recently? I want a Opty 165 but I also want a decent stepping... I'm guessing Opty's aren't going to drop w/ the price drops on the 24th, since they're out of production.

fireblast713 said:
What steppings has monarch been shipping recently? I want a Opty 165 but I also want a decent stepping... I'm guessing Opty's aren't going to drop w/ the price drops on the 24th, since they're out of production.
One I got today is ccbwe 0608pmw

gingersnap said:
One I got today is ccbwe 0608pmw

Thats damn odd, I thought they were shipping CCBBE 0610s and 0615s recently. Kinda odd that a 0608 popped in.

$30 less than I paid in Nov. '05 from the same retailer... man, it seems this is the only piece of performance hardware that I haven't gotten fucked over on! (by it dropping rapidly in price or being replaced with something cheaper+faster like my 7800GT).

Don't know if it's been posted yet or not... but the price has now been lowered to $245!!. Yesterday it was $260.97 and no coupons would work... now it is listed at $325, but here is an $80 coupon:

71406-120339

It makes the total $245!! Unfornately, I bought one early yesterday when it was still $260 :(

-LaTeR

Haha, dammit, I swore I was off my opteron buying addiction... looks like i might have to get opty 165 #4 on its way since tomorrow's payday. Hell, maybe #4 and 5 :p

THought about it, and decided I'd only order one for now... two seemed a bit... excessive. Maybe I'll order that one next week :D

Leon2ky said:
325 now :(.
325 before coupon. There's an 80 dollar off coupon(I just used it) to get it down to 245. Shipping is only 2.79 fo three day select (1.99 for the 5-7 day basic fedex).
Coupon code: 71406-120339

Seemed like the people I saw posting their steppings lately were the good old O610 CCBBE chips. I hpoe to get another of those, I've gotten two of them in the past (one is my own).

So most people have been getting CCBBE 0610DPMW chips from monarch lately? People should post the steppings they get.

It is coming out $232 shipped for me now. Should I go for an Opt 165 (OEM) or X2 3800 (retail) for $15 less? I do a lot of 3D rendering, will the extra cache help with that?

232 shipped now? Dang That's 33$ less then what I just paid for a 0610DPMW... :( And I hear most peeps are getting the 0610DPMW stepping from monarch anyways

Damn the coupon code doesn't work for the X2 3800+. That's what I was going to go for. Looks like I'll get the 165. Great price eitherway.

Opty 165 > 3800 X2 especially for this price. The 1mb of cache should help w/ the type of work you do

Cool, ordered, and since it was OEM figured I would add the 3 year warranty for $15. Better safe than sorry.

just ordered my 165. used this code: 71406-120339

was gonna wait for the price drop to go, but the 4200+ (2.2gHz) would still be about $240, which is $10 more than the 165. As long as you can OC to at least 2.5gHz with the 165 it's a great deal, especially since your getting the 1MB L2 cache as well.

---
i will post stepping info when it comes

Back