Opportunity to Test Drive BenQ Latest Full HD 16:9 LCD

BenQ

Weaksauce
BenQ greatly values the tremendous amount of user feedback exchanged in [H]Forum's Display community, and now we want to put YOU to work! We're recruiting knowledgeable forum members to test-drive our latest Full HD 16:9 LCD monitors and share their opinion on [H]Forum. BenQ will be selecting two reviewers each for our
24" E2400HD and our 22" E2200HD, for a total of four product reviewers.

monitor_09223008.jpg

So get in on this great opportunity for a first-hand look at how BenQ's new Full HD 16:9 displays.

Please post only once in this thread, telling us in 100 words or less why we should pick you to be a BenQ reviewer. Four reviewers will be selected jointly by [H]Forum and BenQ. After posting their user reviews, each reviewer
will have the option of keeping their E2400HD/E2200HD at an incredible savings of over 50% off MSRP -- paying only US$199 for the E2400HD (MSRP $399) and US$149 for the E2200HD (MSRP $299).

E2400HD Specs

E2200HD Specs

I would make a good reviewer because of the broad range of uses I have for my computers. I use Photoshop CS3 daily, I research data on the web continuously, I watch HD movies and TV shows from my computer weekly and I am a serious computer FPS gamer. With all these different uses it would put any monitor through a good test. Plus I am in the market for two 22 to 24in monitors. :)

I would be happy to be selected for this review process.

I am a dedicated member of the [H]ard Forums, and I fold for the [H]ard OCP team.

I am in the market for a new 24" LCD. I currently use three CRT monitors at home, and I have a 28" LCD at work.

I provide IT support for friends and family. I have mastered the art of writing.

Good luck with your project, and thanks for selecting [H]ard OCP for this "test drive."

I'd provide a well rounded candidate for test driving the new 24" display because I've had a few that which I could compare it to. I've got experience with IPS/P-MVA/TN panels for an effective point of reference.

I play many PC games, constantly work on presentations and spreadsheets, do some Photoshop work, and watch tons of HD videos. I yearn for the capability to watch 1080p content here in the dorms, but have thus far been unable to do so due to space constraints and cost, limitations overcome by the E2200HD. I have used many 20" and 22" monitors over the past year and can offer an in-depth review of this monitor and determine how it fares against other similarly-priced monitors, and I will be able to gauge the monitor’s performance in a variety of diverse situations.

I feel I would be a quality candidate to review either of your two displays for several reasons. I game regularly at 1920 x 1080 on a 37" and can directly compare the two experiences. I also regularly watch high definition and regular def content through my PC. In addition to that, I have a good eye for detail and build quality and I can also write very well. The monitor would be run on at least two desktop systems and a laptop. A PS3 and XBOX360 are at my disposal to use for testing as well. Thank you for your consideration!

I think I would make a great candidate to review one of these new monitors because of my experience, and the fact I am a regular at [H]ardforum :D

These monitors are aimed towards the regular joe that want the features and abilities that these new Benq monitor offers, and I will be a very good choice to review them.

I have been looking at the Benq241VW for purchase but newegg canceled my order so I am in the lookout for a replacement.

I have a Playstation 3 for blurays and HD gaming, and of course my PC for that section for text usage and PC gaming.

I would love to review one of these monitors (specifically the 24") as I currently have a BenQ FP241W which I use for heavy FPS & RTS gaming on my PC (with a Radeon HD 4870X2) as well as my XBOX 360 and PS3 (movies & games).

In addition, I work for a printing company and often do Photoshop/color critial work at home on my monitor.

My current monitor is pretty good but it would be awesome to review another BenQ for comparison.

I would really like to be able to "test drive" one of these monitors for you. I think i would be a good reviewer because not really owning any super high end monitors i can get a casual persons view on your product. Also owning a 22 inch westinghouse and i would love to see how yours would compare to it, and just to give back to the community for all the knowledge they gave me.

I believe I'd make a good candidate for monitor review, for several reasons:
1) Linguistic skills, clear, structured narrative
2) PC experience of over 15 years providing a good perspective on strengths/weaknesses of computer hardware
3) Obsession with finding the best bang for the buck, which means a lot of research and attention to details

I think I would be an excellent candidate because I am a full-time work-at-home employee for a large corporation. I work in IT security and I'm using multiple displays constantly because I am always multi-tasking. So, my home office is utilized 8AM to 6PM for work, and then afterwards for gaming. I can give excellent insight into the needs of both professionals (Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, etc.) and gamers (Age of Conan, WAR, Unreal Tournament III, etc.) and your monitors performance. My current main monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. I have an ASUS GTX 260 video card, so a higher resolution monitor would still be tested well in games. Or, a similar resolution monitor would be excellent since I could compare it to my (well-loved) Samsung. Thanks for your consideration.

I would be interested in reviewing the E2400HD

I am an IT professional that selects corporate standards - I see a lot of hardware and I am accustomed to documenting both the shortcomings and highlights of a product.

At home I have a PS3, high end gaming machine, and coporate lenovo desktop to test with.

I have been trying to select a 24inch monitor for about a month and am well versed in what the current options are, which arms me well to discuss such a product.

Z

I’d like to think that as an electrical engineer by trade, I’d make a good reviewer. I have the technology background to understand what’s at work and I’m used to making cost vs. quality decisions. I’m willing to subject the monitor to the usual applications (gaming, movies, Photoshop, MS Office work, etc.) and offer honest, critical feedback.

I also think it’d be pretty damn cool to have my review published to the wider world.

I feel I would make an ideal candidate to review one of the monitors. I have extensive experience in writing, graphic design, photography, and technology in general. I own all of the current generation consoles, and have 5 recently purchased LCD's that I can compare it with.

I also have a FW900 CRT to test input lag against, a spyder2 colorimeter to calibrate the monitor with, and a Canon XSi to properly document the review and experience. Most importantly, I am willing to give a non-biased review on my overall experience in day to day usage and gaming.

i vote 10e as well, read his previous reviews/tests and you will see he is legit, dude leaves no stone unturned. and long live the fw900, still waiting for someone to make a substitute (no true replacement until FED).

I would volunteer but I don't have a bluray source or calibration tools. The only LCD i have ever owned was a gift, my Hyundai L90D+ which is only used for text based apps and the fw900 takes care of the rest, so I would probably be unfairly biased against the new BenQ.

I would be interested in testing any of their available monitors. I have been working in the repair/sales field for over 20 years. I am a PC and Mac user and can evaluate the monitor in both situations and run numerous evaulations with my HD-DVD, Blu-Ray and Xbox 360 setups.

I can show off the monitors in my computer business and from 'seeing is believing' really help show off your product.

Even if I am not chosen my plans were to purchase your 24" monitor anyway and I will gladly submit a review as well.

I dont want to review monitors, but I want to say thank you BenQ, for finally making some hawt monitors! I love the look of this one and love my V2400W as well :D

In the past I didnt like the "cheap" look that the monitors had, but these new ones are excellent.

Hello,
Though I am not by any means the most professional graphics artist or designer on the planet, I am one who does appreciate crisp and accurate colors. I like some others, don’t have much desk space, so being able to utilize 1080p in such a small area (22”), would be something phenomenal for me. Previously, you’d have to buy a 24-26 inch display to get 1080p. There’s more to monitors than just colors and contrast ratios. Things like desk-space and real-world usability are key to selecting the right monitor. I promise to bring both of them to my review.

I think I would be a good a reviewer for these new and innovative BenQ products. My review would include all standard monitor tests while providing an objective, honest, unbiased and thorough examination.

I'm a Filmmaker and I think I offer a unique opportunity for you to test your 24" monitor. I have just finished principle photography on my feature length film that was shot with a Canon XHA1 in fullblown 24P (24F) glory. I hope to have the edit completed by early December for submission to various film festivals. For this edit I will use a Matrox MXO2 to allow use of a 1080P monitor as a true color signal monitor for proper color correction (a 1:1 ratio HD screen is necessary). I'd be honored to test your screen and give feedback for Filmmakers and regular users alike.

I have a debilitating form of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) which keeps me at home far more often than I'd like. I am an application programmer and web designer and I work almost directly from home these days with my condition limiting my ability to leave the house.

Being a coder, I always have countless tiny windows open all over the place for coding, testing, etc. Monitor quality is the most important factor for me since part of my MS effects how I see. Poor or unstable pictures will seriously be noticeable to me so I need a good product.

I currently use an old 21" CRT and would love a properly sized 16:9 flat to upgrade to. I've been considering the E2400HD when I found this post.

Thanks for any opportunity! :cool:

http://www.sirgcal.com/

I would love to review the monitor yet I don't think I have enough knowledge in how to test all the color scale, input lag time, viewing angle.

I wanted to get a benq before but I got a LQ 24" monitor becuase it was cheaper and the input lag was better based on reviews.

It would be nice to get another monitor but I am thinking of saving the 200 dollars for a novint falcon for now.

Don't pick me if you don't want a true review since I will give an unbiased, accurate, and knowledgeable review of this LCD. I recently bought a BenQ V2400W and for the most part, I like it.However, there are some things I don't like about it. Like it's perception of being off balanced with it's unique stand design. It's not a deal breaker but it is a slight negative in my book. I would love to see the differences between these two monitors side by side in design, build quality, and overall functionality . [:DH]

Thanks for your time... and consideration for this hardware review just for being a member of the [H].

Edit: Of course I would only want to review the 24". I'm not really a fan of 22" screens. Bigger is always bigger.

I would be really interested in the 22". Being a FPS gamer, I look for speed and detail. The 1920x1200 resolution on a smaller screen is just a dynamite idea. One that I have been hoping for actually. I have done dozens of headphone and speaker "reviews" over the past couple of years. My quest has always been to find the best gaming peripherals and I think this 22" might just be the best gaming lcd yet.

im so interested, I just bought one. Expect a good review. I just hope it ships soon.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to test one of the new BenQ Full HD LCD's. The 1920x1080 resolution should be wonderful monitor for movies, as well as everyday computing tasks. I am an avid FPS gamer and am excited to see how these new monitors handle today’s fast-paced games. The color production of these new monitors is another important feature that I would like to test for photo and video editing purposes. Having written numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles, I feel that I would be well suited to convey my impressions in a concise and unbiased manner. Thank you.

I have a number of monitors for comparison purposes (TN, P-MVA and IPS panels, as well as CRTs) and game as well as do graphic design work, and have previous experience reviewing a number of tech related goods, from RAM and motherboards to MP3 players. I've never reviewed a monitor, but I'd like the opportunity.

- 24"W LCD Monitor (1920x1080)
- Full HD/HDCP/Senseye/AMA
- 2 ms GTG Response Time
-10,000:1 DCR
- HDMI 1.3, DVI and D-subD-sub
- Audio in/ Headphone Jack
- Vista Premium <--WTF

So it comes with Vista Premium? Nice. :rolleyes:

Scratch BenQ off of my 24" LCD shopping list for the pure fact that they have morons working in marketing.

Of course, you don't want someone with my nitpicking attention to detail reviewing anything. Yes, I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I regretfully Submit Reply, this is going to come back to bite me somehow.

These LCDs look interesting. I'm not that particular about the last 10% of the screen that is lost moving from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080, I am however interested in seeing the gaming and movie performance. I've been a long time HT nut on AVS Forum and I can't stand the way LCDs make my movies look. To be fair, I have both an LCoS and a DLP FP in my home theater, so I'm picky with my colors and perceived contrast.

I'd love to review one or both of the monitors, and could compare it with the Dell 20" 2007FP Ultrasharp, a 19" Dell Widescreen, 23" Apple Cinema, and 22" Samsung LCD. I could also compare it to my Yamaha projector and my Sony 52" W3000 1080P if so desired. I have a Dell M992 (Sony Trinitron I believe) that could also be a test for black levels and such.

I think I would be helpful getting a very well rounded view at one of these monitors. I don’t know much about testing response time, but I do just about everything with an LCD. I am always watching HD movies, HDTV, playing games (WoW), editing in Photoshop, and surfing the web. I use a Sony 32XBR6 as my primary monitor and a Samsung 932BW as my secondary screen. I would be able to give a good, to the point review on the LCDs performance with HD content, color accuracy, black levels, viewing angles, games, backlight uniformity, and also build (which I believe is very important). The 22" would be preferred because I think having the extra real estate with the smaller screen is great.

Thanks for bringing this opportunity to the forums, and for considering my review.

I believe I am the best candidate because no matter how poor this monitor may stack up to the competition, you can rest assured I will praise it to no end. The future is 16:9 and you need to dominate the market share before your competition does. I'm pretty sure I won.

I believe I am the best candidate because no matter how poor this monitor may stack up to the competition, you can rest assured I will praise it to no end. The future is 16:9 and you need to dominate the market share before your competition does. I'm pretty sure I won.

LOL, i highly doubt the future is 16:9. With almost all movies coming out these days in HD format being either 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 i would take a big guess that you'll be seeing a lot of displays and projectors having a native ratio being either one of those.

i would love to be able to review the E2200HD, or the E2400HD

i would bring a lot to the review process i am currently enrolled in fullsail taking the computer animation degree program. on a daily basis i use Maya, cs3, shake, and a verity of other programs. My current specialty is in the field of composting were having a monitor that can output in full hd with the drc of 10000. Would make a huge difference in the quality of work that one would be able to do.

i would be looking forward to testing the monitor.

i also understand that i have not been posting on these forms for long but let me assure you i been reading and coming here for advice for years.

if i am chosen for a review spot i would love to be able to review the 22" over the 24"

I'd be an interesting choice for you. Generally I come here looking for help which is what led me here today. I've now been through 4 LCD monitors in the span of a week and haven't been satisfied with any of them. I do a lot of everything. 70% gaming, 5% coding, 5% photography work, and 20% general Internet use for video, news, and tech. I'm on Oxygen from Cystic Fibrosis so most of the time I'm in my little computer room like a true nerd.

I'm very sensitive to response time. input lag, and grey's & blacks. For example modding Gal Civ 2 and switching between code and the space backgrounds has been frustrating.

Obviously there are other people more technical than I am since I don't own colorimetry equipment, but as far as an "end user" is concerned you'd be hard pressed to find someone who spends less time staring at their computer screen and unable to make a purchasing commitment.

Hey BenQ and [H]Forum!

I am extremely interested in test driving the E2400HD! I am a very recent addition to the community, but I hope that you might still consider me.

In my professional life, I am responsible for hardware purchasing for my business group. I work at a large software development company in the Seattle area. Currently, I am testing a range of DisplayLink-enabled monitors at work, as we are evaluating their performance for wider deployment in our organization.

In my personal life, I am an avid video editor, photographer, gamer, web designer and writer. I have recently upgraded my home machine and look forward to upgrading to a 24" LCD in the near future, one way or another. :D

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If someone from BenQ can PM me, I'd be glad to give you my work contact information as well. My team would be interested in arranging a meeting to demo the new monitor line.

Thanks again,

Rob

Back