opinions wanted on this Phanteks case

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Interested in hearing the good and the bad from owners of this case (any variation with or without window) https://www.newegg.com/black-phanteks-enthoo-pro-atx-full-tower/p/11-854-004. This case has enough drive bays for my 3.5" HDDs and 2.5" SSDs, with room to grow.

How about ease of system installation and maintenance. Also, do the plastic parts break with usage? I'm planning to install an AIO cooler like this one: https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Liquid-reezer-All-One/dp/B07WNJCVNW

Case Fans: quiet or noisy? If you read the Amazon reviews, they are all over the place about fan noise. Besides, I have learned not to trust Amazon reviews. Too many bogus ones.

Key for me is 3 optical drive bays, because I still use an optical drive bay, plus a drive bay multi-format memory card reader, plus a drive bay "parts tray." Budget matters, but I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks to get a better product.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If I was getting a new case that would be the one I'd get. My son did get this case on my recommendation a little while back when he built a new system.

We had little trouble building in the case and I don't remember anything feeling weak or flimsy. He also went with Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 280. Getting that thing installed in the top wasn't the easiest in the world and there is practically no room between it and the motherboard. During installation a pin on one of the fan headers at the top of the motherboard got bent a little bit. It was nothing major and I fixed it in a couple of seconds but it's something to keep in mind. That said, I would not want to try to fit a 420 at the top of the case although I think the 360 should fit without much trouble although fitting something in the top 5.25" bay could be problematic depending on how deep the item goes.

Fan noise is almost totally subjective. Depending on opinions or reviews of others is very problematic. That said, I didn't find the fan noise to be annoying or loud and all the case and AIO fans were run at 100%. Like myself, my son hates the sound of fans ramping up and down a lot more than a little noise from them running full speed. He kept the 200mm fan in the front but all other spots except for the bottom were filled with 140mm fans; some came with the case and some were Arctic Cooling 140 PWM PST fans. At most there was a gentle hum from the case. When the Radeon 6700XT ramped up fan speed you could definitely hear that and it was much more noticeable than the case and AIO fans but that's to be expected.

My son was very pleased with the case as was I. It costs more than cheap cases but even at the current price it's far from being an expensive case for what you get. Cases with 5.25" bays and a good number of 3.5" bays are extremely rare anymore. Cases of this size and quality with those features are even more rare and typically cost a lot more. In my opinion this case is one of the best bargains you'll find if you're looking for the features it has.

If I was getting a new case that would be the one I'd get. My son did get this case on my recommendation a little while back when he built a new system.

We had little trouble building in the case and I don't remember anything feeling weak or flimsy. He also went with Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 280. Getting that thing installed in the top wasn't the easiest in the world and there is practically no room between it and the motherboard. During installation a pin on one of the fan headers at the top of the motherboard got bent a little bit. It was nothing major and I fixed it in a couple of seconds but it's something to keep in mind. That said, I would not want to try to fit a 420 at the top of the case although I think the 360 should fit without much trouble although fitting something in the top 5.25" bay could be problematic depending on how deep the item goes.

Thanks. Points to remember.
Fan noise is almost totally subjective. Depending on opinions or reviews of others is very problematic. That said, I didn't find the fan noise to be annoying or loud and all the case and AIO fans were run at 100%. Like myself, my son hates the sound of fans ramping up and down a lot more than a little noise from them running full speed. He kept the 200mm fan in the front but all other spots except for the bottom were filled with 140mm fans; some came with the case and some were Arctic Cooling 140 PWM PST fans. At most there was a gentle hum from the case. When the Radeon 6700XT ramped up fan speed you could definitely hear that and it was much more noticeable than the case and AIO fans but that's to be expected.

Appreciate these comments.
My son was very pleased with the case as was I. It costs more than cheap cases but even at the current price it's far from being an expensive case for what you get.
True, but you "could" easily spend 2X or more and not get a better case.

Cases with 5.25" bays and a good number of 3.5" bays are extremely rare anymore.
No kidding!

Cases of this size and quality with those features are even more rare and typically cost a lot more. In my opinion this case is one of the best bargains you'll find if you're looking for the features it has.
Thanks for these comments. I value this feedback more than the endless Amazon reviews.

Thanks. Points to remember.

True, but you "could" easily spend 2X or more and not get a better case.

No kidding!

Thanks for these comments. I value this feedback more than the endless Amazon reviews.
Been using Phanteks cases for the last several years. Build quality is excellent and they have tons of ways to configure components. Used the case you are looking at about 5 years ago then used an Enthoo Luxe which I think is obsolete now but also a very nice case. Bought the Enthoo Primo and it was just too big and heavy--gave it to a co-worker. Most recent build is in the case you are looking at but has the tempered glass side panel. Can't say enough good things about Phanteks. And their case fans as well. Quiet and very efficient. Not sure you can go wrong using the Phanteks products.

Love the front panel I/O behind the little door--front-facing and insist on front drive bays which are almost extinct at this point in time. Each of the large Phanteks filled the bill for my needs. The Primo was amazing and would hold a 420 rad up top but just too much for me to lift and build in--gave it to a younger guy. He's lovin' it.

Using an Arctic AIO currently--German engineering at its best from Phanteks and Arctic!

Last edited:
Been using Phanteks cases for the last several years. Build quality is excellent and they have tons of ways to configure components. Used the case you are looking at about 5 years ago then used an Enthoo Luxe which I think is obsolete now but also a very nice case. Bought the Enthoo Primo and it was just too big and heavy--gave it to a co-worker. Most recent build is in the case you are looking at but has the tempered glass side panel. Can't say enough good things about Phanteks. And their case fans as well. Quiet and very efficient. Not sure you can go wrong using the Phanteks products.

Love the front panel I/O behind the little door--front-facing and insist on front drive bays which are almost extinct at this point in time. Each of the large Phanteks filled the bill for my needs. The Primo was amazing and would hold a 420 rad up top but just too much for me to lift and build in--gave it to a younger guy. He's lovin' it.

Using an Arctic AIO currently--German engineering at its best from Phanteks and Arctic!

Anyone have negative comments?

Back