Opinions and suggestions needed on gaming laptop

Hello All!

I'm currently looking around for a gaming laptop and I've been reading reviews as much as I can.
I have a few options I will be considering but I am asking if you would prove any insight you may have regarding
these choices?

Maybe there are thing I will over look as all the information can become a bit overwhelming.

So far my options include:

(rated from most likely to least)

1. Alienware 17
2. Origin EON17-X
3. Asus ROG G751JY

I will probably opt for a model with the 970M as opposed to the 980M as I see the 970M is pretty capable as is.

I would liek to spend less than $2500 and truthfully I would like to get the best possible machine for around $2200-2300

So, how are these 3?

What do you think about them?

Are there any other/better machines I have not discovered thus far?

Thank you for your help!

For gaming you're probably going to want the 980M, which is about the equivalent of the desktop GTX 970 in terms of performance.

I'd stay away from Alienware due to poor engineering (look around r/techsupportgore).

The ASUS looks like a pretty good deal. Their laptops have pretty good cooling for demanding situations.

I'd also consider the MSi GT72.

I would strongly recommend you visit Powernotebooks.com

I have three laptops from them.
Custom builds, great people, excellent CS, American company.

My son and daughter use MSI gaming notebooks for college and gaming, they have been reliable, durable and problem free.

Always been a Sager fan myself. Bought two of them, also from Power Notebooks. Either way that budget is more than enough for a 980M but I elected for the 970M as $300 difference just wasn't worth it for me and the games that I play.

Check out the sager models: 9752-s or the 9377-s. Both are considerably better than the Asus mentioned, are cheaper, starting out that is, and have considerably better support if needed and both are way under your budget until you start adding options to them.

Back