Opinion Samsung 415TW and Xbox 360

cbecknet

Limp Gawd
I just purchased an Xbox 360 and want to upgrade my computer monitor to allow me to have composite video. The samsung 215TW seems like the best fit for me my 7900GT and an Xbox 360 and its in my price range.

Whats your opinion or any experince with this monitor and an Xbox 360.

I'm not sure if "composite" is a typo or not but if you're going to hook up your xbox 360 to a computer monitor you should at least be using component if not dvi/hdmi which can be converted. They allow for 1080i resolution while composite only allows for aprx. 480. The difference between composite and component/dvi/hdmi is like a vhs to a dvd. crazsniper is my aim if you have more q's.

Well, I just picked up a 215TW today at Costco, and so far, it's great. Watched Revenge of the Sith, and I can't complain about the picture. The contrast is much greater tha my CRT (Samsung 997DF). It scales lower resolutions pretty well, at least better than other LCD's I've used. I compared it in the store with a few others, and was quite disappointed with the VX2025WM, which had much worse contrast, and the infamous backlight bleed. Plus that extra one inch really makes a difference in how the monitor feels.

I don't have a 360, nor can I comment on how the non-DVI inputs look at this stage.

Back