Operation Flashpoint 2: Another disappointing console port?

I need a Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon-like fix. Single player is more important to me than MP until at least such time as they get dedicated servers.

I'm not looking for a masterpiece, although that's always nice. I just want something cool and fun to play.

Yay or nay?

Imo a definite yay.

I need a Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon-like fix. Single player is more important to me than MP until at least such time as they get dedicated servers.

I'm not looking for a masterpiece, although that's always nice. I just want something cool and fun to play.

Yay or nay?

I think you'll get that fix if you pick it up.The SP side reminds me a lot of the original GR. It's ike an updated version of GR IMO. I can't really pinpoint why it feels so much like the original GR, but it just does.

I bought the game and it wouldn't install on my desktop or my laptop.
I returned it the next day and got my money back.

I am going to wait until they release patch to fix out the common problems I've been hearing about.

The game looks really good to me. Ill buy it again, once its ironed out a bit.
ok. wow. I couldnt help myself and decided to try a different place other then gamestop to get the game, and WOW...

I cannot believe all the complaints. The game is actually pretty good to me. From the first 3 missions I give it a 8/10. There are definitely some problems with the game no doubt, like the vehicle controls...atrocious. But aside from that the game has been a really good experience and quite enjoyful. Miles better then Arma2 in my opinion.

The sniper firing, recoil, and bullet drop are brilliant.
Another small little problem I see with the game is how vague they are with some of the controls. I found myself trying to figure out how to learn them on my own or constantly checking the keyboard layout for commands, such as to change firing mode.

Well thanks to you guys I took the plunge and I daresay I think this game is pretty good and it definitely scratches that Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six itch for me. :)

I got it, and it's pretty damn cool. If you're into COD4 or CSS types of games, pass on this. RB6 or GR, BUY BUY BUY.

Yes, Single is kinda a mixed bag, i personally enjoyed it and never got a scent of repetitiveness but when i look at it im always doing little things that never gets me bored meaning doing secondarys or going the long route.

I've been having a blast so far with sp and co op. Mp sucks with no dedicated servers as we know
Hopefully cm delivers on their promise with server files sooner rather than later.

ok. wow. I couldnt help myself and decided to try a different place other then gamestop to get the game, and WOW...

I cannot believe all the complaints. The game is actually pretty good to me. From the first 3 missions I give it a 8/10. There are definitely some problems with the game no doubt, like the vehicle controls...atrocious. But aside from that the game has been a really good experience and quite enjoyful. Miles better then Arma2 in my opinion.

The sniper firing, recoil, and bullet drop are brilliant.
Another small little problem I see with the game is how vague they are with some of the controls. I found myself trying to figure out how to learn them on my own or constantly checking the keyboard layout for commands, such as to change firing mode.

Doesn't the game allow you to define the controls?

Do people just not redefine controls to their liking and so that they know what the buttons do?

Doesn't the game allow you to define the controls?

Do people just not redefine controls to their liking and so that they know what the buttons do?

That's my guess. The first 2 things I always do with new games are make the graphics to my liking and change all the controls to my liking.

On a side note i've been playing multiplayer a ton lately and even without dedicated servers I am having a blast. I am very close to the West Coast though and there seems to be plenty of West Coast matches with pings in the 85-125 range.

One thing I have noticed that is horribly annoying to me is that when I am the USA in some matches it takes 15-20 landed hits to actually kill somebody. I was even using the
.50cal mounted machine gun on a couple of guys and I would literally see the white dots (meaning that I was landing hits) flash 15-20 times. NO JOKE. I was going fucking crazy.

That's my guess. The first 2 things I always do with new games are make the graphics to my liking and change all the controls to my liking.

On a side note i've been playing multiplayer a ton lately and even without dedicated servers I am having a blast. I am very close to the West Coast though and there seems to be plenty of West Coast matches with pings in the 85-125 range.

One thing I have noticed that is horribly annoying to me is that when I am the USA in some matches it takes 15-20 landed hits to actually kill somebody. I was even using the
.50cal mounted machine gun on a couple of guys and I would literally see the white dots (meaning that I was landing hits) flash 15-20 times. NO JOKE. I was going fucking crazy.

I believe this is attributed to lag and or shitty netcode. Just a guess since I see it alot also.

I believe this is attributed to lag and or shitty netcode. Just a guess since I see it alot also.

Yeah that's what somebody else said. Very frustrating. I've only had it happen in 1 game though so no biggie as far as i'm concerned. Otherwise my multiplayer experience has been quite grand.

So far I am enjoying this game. The game has a few "opportunity areas", but it is still a good game.

The menu feels like you would expect, full mouse support. The options are all there, texture quality, draw distance, shadows AA and AF etc. In game the guns handle as best as I could expect them to. The ARs feel like ARs etc. The AI is more than competent I have found, especially the enemy AI. They drop and run for cover, flank etc. Figuring out the the flow of the command circle takes some time but the friendly AI carries out orders well. As many have stated before it feels a bit like the original Ghost Recon, only with better AI. All in all the game does feel polished.

There are a few drawbacks as I suggested earlier they are minor. I am maxing the game out at 1680x1050 and the most noticeable issue is the graphics. While the game looks good when taken in as a whole, however when you look at individual objects the texture quality is lacking. To be honest it looks a little like vanilla Oblivion. While the lighting effects really help. In addition some objects like rocks, trees, fences which are located on hills tend to float a little. Maybe a patch will fix this. It would have also been nice to have the ability to select your kit prior to the mission.

As an old fan of OFP1 ArmA and ArmA2, this is what I think.

OFP2 itself is fun. Gunfights and driving is also fun. But the game is very arcadey. It is no longer OFP. Compared with the OFP1 map editor, OFP2's map editor is a complete joke. Everything has been dumbed down. Infinite Health. Locked vehicles(In OFP1 you could drive civilian vehicles). Arcadey damage modeling (Same in Hardcore mode). The list goes on.

But again, the game IS fun. Unless you start comparing it with OFP1 too much. Then it's not a game.

Back