Opera Win7 taskbar behaviour changed (for the worse!)

Concentric

[H]ard|Gawd
The way Opera behaves on the task bar changed for me yesterday (seemed to coincide with an update to 10.51) - before when you hovered over Opera on the Win7 taskbar you'd get the usual Win7 row of live thumbnails showing each Opera window (I think it's called Live Taskbar Previews), the same as in other apps and Explorer, like this:
gaylist.png

But now it gives me a list of tabs like this:
gaylist.png

Anyone know how I can change it back?

Close some tabs. You have so many it would be silly to try to fit all the thumbnails on the screen, so it converted over to the list?

Close some tabs. You have so many it would be silly to try to fit all the thumbnails on the screen, so it converted over to the list?

I see what you mean but the thumbnails should just show each of the open Opera windows, not tabs. Before, for example, I usually only had one Opera window open containing all the tabs (usually more tabs than this!) and there would only be one thumbnail preview.

Yes, this Opera update makes Opera behave like IE I took a quick look in the options and didn't see a way to change it back so I have no idea if it can be changed. That said this is MUCH nicer I think though it you a million open browsers it might be a problem for some. I actually like this behavior.

As they said, opera wants to preview each tab, theres too many tabs, so it falls back to a list.
There should be an option to disable that shit somewhere.

As they said, opera wants to preview each tab, theres too many tabs, so it falls back to a list.
There should be an option to disable that shit somewhere.

As I said the taskbar previews are supposed to be be for each WINDOW. It previewed windows before this update, even when I had more tabs than this, so unless they decided to change the behaviour in the update I don't understand why it's switched to listing tabs.

do you have the taskbar buttons set to "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Always combine, hide labels"?

I'm ASSuming the latter, but figured I should ask :p

ok so apparently that doesn't matter.

have you tried downgrading to the previous version of Opera?
is Opera the only app that does this?
Or does IE, Firefox, etc do the same now?

do you have the taskbar buttons set to "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Always combine, hide labels"?

I'm ASSuming the latter, but figured I should ask :p

ok so apparently that doesn't matter.

have you tried downgrading to the previous version of Opera?
is Opera the only app that does this?
Or does IE, Firefox, etc do the same now?

Thanks for the suggestions. My taskbar is set to "Always combine, hide labels". I just tried opening an assortment of tabs in a Firefox window and it behaved as I would like - i.e. a single taskbar preview since there is one window.
I might try moving back to the previous version of Opera but then I guess I miss out on anything like security updates on this and any later versions. This might all add up to me going back to Firefox (again!).

Thanks for the suggestions. My taskbar is set to "Always combine, hide labels". I just tried opening an assortment of tabs in a Firefox window and it behaved as I would like - i.e. a single taskbar preview since there is one window.
I might try moving back to the previous version of Opera but then I guess I miss out on anything like security updates on this and any later versions. This might all add up to me going back to Firefox (again!).

actually I ended up trying that.

with IE, it shows each tab. Once you get so many tabs open, it moves from thumbnail preview to list.
but FF seems to only show the current tab from each window.

Back