Opera 9.50 Released

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Opera 9.50 was released yesterday. While there seems to be a decent amount of complaints (there always are when new versions of anything are released), I have found it to be much better than the previous 9.27 or earlier versions. Here is the link for those that wish to try it out: http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/

Only thing I disliked was not being able to use the Z and X keys to go back/forward. But then I found out I had to enable single-key shortcuts, which is located in prefs>advanced>shortcuts.

i use mouse gestures.

oh, and bump, it is nice.

Overall I like the update, but I miss the old version of windows native skin. There are some quirks with bookmarks and the address bar that will take some getting used to, but nothing major all considering.

Overall I like the update, but I miss the old version of windows native skin. There are some quirks with bookmarks and the address bar that will take some getting used to, but nothing major all considering.

Yeah, I turned off the auto dropdown feature of the address bar. Not a fan of that.

I like how the panels are not activated by a thin strip on the left anymore.

But time will tell on the other features.

The more I use it, the more the the updated tab bar is driving me nuts. I am having a hell of a time distinguishing the active tab when I have more then 4 or 5 tabs opened at once in windows native. I know I could switch to another skin, but having a depressed button for the active tab was so much easier.

I have been a long time Opera fan and user. I will say this latest release has issues but it has come a long long way from where Opera was with 9.27. I think if they finally start fixing some of the nit pick issues and get the general site compatibility back up this is going to be a very strong version of the browser.

You can install the classic version of skin.

You can install the classic version of skin.
My complaint is that in the windows native skin I have a hard time distinguishing the active tab because it no longer has a depressed button look. As of my post nobody had released a skin that could emulate the old tabs, but that appears to have changed. I just wish it wasnt emulated, but the look is close enough I guess. I'm probably to picky. lol

Back