Openvpn setup question

Hey Guys
I just want to know which software I should go with for openvpn either these 4 chooses: Smoothwall, PFSense , Mikrotik or Zeroshell which one should I go with? This is going to be connected to PBX box that is PIAF.

Does it have to be one of those distros? I'm a fan of a minimal install of centOS as a router. Those distros might do shaping already, but I favor using a custom wondershaper script to shape the traffic out over the tun? device, then out over the internet device.

However, most customized wondershaper-voip scripts out there are based on an incorrect implementation that doesn't work. This one is correct, however; http://www.sarcasmasaservice.com/2013/09/linux-routing-with-voip-wondershaper-voip-script/

Mikrotik OpenVPN doesn't support UDP. The TCP performance is fairly subpar as well. Does it have to be ovpn? Can you not use L2TP w IPSEC? What devices are the endpoints?

iptables is great if you like CLI

i prefer pfsense myself, intuitive for the most part, based off FreeBSD (unix) and pretty solid!

and getting openvpn set up takes literally minutes.

iptables is great if you like CLI

i prefer pfsense myself, intuitive for the most part, based off FreeBSD (unix) and pretty solid!

and getting openvpn set up takes literally minutes.
Sorry, I'm going to hijack the thread for a moment; can you run multiple instances of openvpn on pfsense? Have it run as both a server and a client for another openvpn server elsewhere?

Just curious.

Back