Opening a 2005fpw: has anyone done it?

M.D.K.

Limp Gawd
After a year of heavy lan duty, the power socket on my 2005fpw has become loose, resulting in the monitor shutting off if the cord is moved AT ALL, and even when its on I know this is only so because the contacts are close enough that the electricity is arcing and turning it on. I could easily fix it if only I could get the damn thing open. Has anyone sucessfully got one open? Although they're about half the price I paid now when I got mine I really dont want to have to fork out $400 for annother one for such a stupid problem.

you could always exchange it since you should have the 3year warranty...but thats a risk.

Actually I contacted Dell shortly after posting this thread, and they're shipping out a replacement for me! I just hope it has picture as good as this one... this one had no deadies and a good backlight. I was supprized they replaced it, since I bought it in 11/04 and I'm pretty sure theres no warranty at all.

I knew they would but only fear for you was that its a use version which could be bad or good.

Anyway, good luck

Back