OpenBox - 6870 power color 75.99 + FS @newegg.com - DEAD

I had misread that two were for crossfire, and then I did more homework before RMAing. I find it odd how bitter some of the hardocp community is. oh well, got a working 6870 now and i'm happy.

as a mention to anyone that does RMA their card. Mine did not come with a static proof bag, yet if you want to return it, requires one. So if you have any spare static bags hold on to them.

^ This is a good policy regardless. You never know when you are going to need them.

And jroe52, I don't think anyone here is bitter. We just find it pretty funny how this played out. Getting a 6870 probably takes some of the sting out of it, so come on...be a good sport. You know what you did was hilarious, you rascal. I still halfway think this whole post was an elaborate troll-job.

geez are you guys acting like a bunch of smug yuppies. i didn't have a second pci-e adapter, did you read all my posts? i had to wait and get a second one for my psu for further testing.

You concluded it was "broken" based on only plugging in one power adapter. You know damned well you got caught in your ignorance, and not only were you indignant before, and indignant now, but you're trying to cover your ass. Give it up. You had no idea what you were doing, smeared Newegg, attacked people who knew you were off base, and now you continue to lash out at those who rightly laugh at your foolish and immature behavior. Take your lumps, laugh it off, and move on. Right now, you're simply acting very bitter.

You concluded it was "broken" based on only plugging in one power adapter. You know damned well you got caught in your ignorance, and not only were you indignant before, and indignant now, but you're trying to cover your ass. Give it up. You had no idea what you were doing, smeared Newegg, attacked people who knew you were off base, and now you continue to lash out at those who rightly laugh at your foolish and immature behavior. Take your lumps, laugh it off, and move on. Right now, you're simply acting very bitter.

Well he did only mis-read and decided that whatever he thought he read must be correct and proceed to send Newegg less-than-eloquently worded emails. That and believing everyone who calls him nasty names are just jealous. That's like saying "I'm the center of the universe, because me getting a deal must be so time-stopping important that everyone would be jealous" Haha :D

BTW I'm sure Newegg would just be happy to keep him as a customer and not think about refusing to sell him things from now on.

Just overlook the part about accusing Newegg of reselling the "broken" cards that customers return, as open box items. Absolutely no overreaction and ignorance has taken place in this thread. Nothing to see here. Both power connectors are plugged in. He can now enjoy his overpowering 5750 in lieu of the gimpy 6870. All is as it should be.

Back