"Open File" makes my arrangement of files alphabetically reversed?

AcidicRage

Limp Gawd
Here's the problem. Whenever I look into the files of the folder just regularly via clicking folder, the arrangement of the files is correctly alphabetized meaning from A to Z. However, when I try to OPEN FILE via any program that allows you to open file/send file/search file, the arrangement is backwards from Z to A (same with numbers, from 0-9, it becomes 9-0 arrangement now). I know this can be fixed by just right clicking and rearranging by "Name," but how come my files regularly arrange from A-Z, but when I try to open something it will always go Z-A no matter how much I click "arrange by name" again and again....it just reverts back to the reversed one. This isn't the way it use to be. For clarifying purposes, I shall provide the images:

Here's the image when I just regularly view it:

http://www.sdmaster.net/images/img1.jpg

But, when I try to via open it... it just rearranges itself backwards, and no matter how many times I click "arrange by name" it goes back to the same:

http://www.sdmaster.net/images/img2.jpg

If I view it normally like through Windows Explorer, the order is correct and already aligned up by name and sorted correctly in the alphabetical order. However, it gets reversed only when I am trying to "open file" through a program or an external viewer. For example, when I go to AIM and try to click "send file/image/whatever" the order is reversed no matter if I click "arrange by name" -- it still does this! This is not normal because none of my other systems do this! The img2.jpg shown above is actually a screenshot of the "send file" window through AIM. This isn't just limited to AIM, however. It just applies only when trying to use some kind of viewing or sending or something like that, that it gets reversed alphabetically.This may not seem like much of an annoyance, but to me it is. Isn't there anyway to do this? I feel like my system was either spywarez0red or something because normally, it doesn't reverse itself when doing this. There has to be a way to fix it...maybe something in the registry?

theres a setting in windows somewhere to remember the settings for a # of folders, i think default is 400 folders or something

AcidicRage said:
Here's the problem. Whenever I look into the files of the folder just regularly via clicking folder, the arrangement of the files is correctly alphabetized meaning from A to Z. However, when I try to OPEN FILE via any program that allows you to open file/send file/search file, the arrangement is backwards from Z to A (same with numbers, from 0-9, it becomes 9-0 arrangement now). I know this can be fixed by just right clicking and rearranging by "Name," but how come my files regularly arrange from A-Z, but when I try to open something it will always go Z-A no matter how much I click "arrange by name" again and again....it just reverts back to the reversed one. This isn't the way it use to be. For clarifying purposes, I shall provide the images:

Here's the image when I just regularly view it:

http://www.sdmaster.net/images/img1.jpg

But, when I try to via open it... it just rearranges itself backwards, and no matter how many times I click "arrange by name" it goes back to the same:

http://www.sdmaster.net/images/img2.jpg

If I view it normally like through Windows Explorer, the order is correct and already aligned up by name and sorted correctly in the alphabetical order. However, it gets reversed only when I am trying to "open file" through a program or an external viewer. For example, when I go to AIM and try to click "send file/image/whatever" the order is reversed no matter if I click "arrange by name" -- it still does this! This is not normal because none of my other systems do this! The img2.jpg shown above is actually a screenshot of the "send file" window through AIM. This isn't just limited to AIM, however. It just applies only when trying to use some kind of viewing or sending or something like that, that it gets reversed alphabetically.This may not seem like much of an annoyance, but to me it is. Isn't there anyway to do this? I feel like my system was either spywarez0red or something because normally, it doesn't reverse itself when doing this. There has to be a way to fix it...maybe something in the registry?

did you ever fix this problem? i to am having the same issue!

Back