(Open Box) Seasonic PRIME Ultra GX-750 750W 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply via B&H Photo for $87

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
This is likely the last one they have in stock, but just keep checking every few days. Kudos to whomever gets it: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used...nics_ssr_750gd2_prime_ultra_750w_80_plus.html

B&H Photo has a 30-day return policy, and there's still the Seasonic industry leading 12-year warranty on the unit, worth the dice roll for a killer price on what's nearly their flagship product line. I'm using this exact model, also open box from B&H, in my daily driver.

Model
Brand
SeaSonic
Series PRIME Ultra Gold
Model PRIME GX-750 (SSR-750GD2)

Details
Type
Intel ATX 12 V
Maximum Power 750W
Fans 135 mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan
Main Connector 20+4Pin
+12V Rails Single
PCI-Express Connector 4 x 6+2-Pin
SATA Power Connector 8
Modular Full Modular
Energy-Efficient 80 PLUS GOLD Certified
Over Voltage Protection Yes
Warranty 12 years limited

Last edited:
Dont really need, but kinda want. Funny how those 'kinda wants' often seem to be easier to get than the 'really needs'...

I'm curious what Seasonic would say about open box purchases in regard to the warranty.

Reactions: xx0xx
like this
Dont really need, but kinda want. Funny how those 'kinda wants' often seem to be easier to get than the 'really needs'...

I'm curious what Seasonic would say about open box purchases in regard to the warranty.
I linked their warranty FAQ in the OP, the warranty is transferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: maro
like this
In the spirit of transparency, I have to share my cautionary tale about this "deal" even though it's very unlikely to happen to you. I just received a second open box Seasonic Prime GX-750 unit replace my wife's aging semi-modular Seasonic SSR-650RM, and right out of the box I saw that the Prime GX-750 was modified. I assume the previous owner had the decency to use a label maker to indicate as such, and the tamper sticker was clearly removed.
IMG_20210822_102308.jpg
IMG_20210822_102259.jpg

Granted these tamper/warranty void stickers are unenforceable, I'm not even going to bother trying to do a warranty claim on something that someone else clearly and intentionally modified. I booted it up on a test bed, and the fucker sounded like a jet engine. The modification by the previous owner totally nuked the hybrid fan functionality, so that fan will scream at 100% for the rest of its life (or until someone mods it back to factory). So I'm returning it and I assume B&H Photo is going to throw it back on their website. Posting this warning because I would hate for one of you guys to get saddled with this modified unit, unless you want it for a mining rig, or the noise doesn't bother you.

Last edited:
but... isnt that what the 'hybrid' button is for? Continous vs fanless/variable fan

I suppose it's an easy thing to miss but a little surprised B&H would resell a product that was marked as modified. At least the prev owner labeled it as such. Thanks for the heads up though

I always stay away from open box PSU's and motherboards. Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk.

Back