open box Logitech G500 for $29.99

i know i'm not waiting thinking if it's great or not, but i'm waiting to see what other have to say for OPEN BOX items form them.

Open box items carry a limited 30-day refund-only policy (no exchanges) to ensure your satisfaction.*

Anyone else interpret this as a 30 day warranty? If so, I'd probably wait until a new mouse is around this price (seems to pop up once a month).

how does an mx518 slowly die?

They have documented issues especially in the earlier revisions of slowly cutting out more and more frequently. It acts as if it has been unplugged and replugged into the usb. It began happening once a week or so, and now multiple times per sit down session!

i know i'm not waiting thinking if it's great or not, but i'm waiting to see what other have to say for OPEN BOX items form them.

a while back my G9x came in perfect condition, BNIB, I guess "open box" can mean that the shipping box was opened...? the actual mouse package was still sealed, of course this is not a guarantee, just my experience, but there weren't any complaints (IIRC) when the G9x open boxes were on sale, I love open box stuff, my MSI P55 GD80 open box (from Newegg) came with all the accessories as well, although I may just be lucky when it comes to open box stuff...

They have documented issues especially in the earlier revisions of slowly cutting out more and more frequently. It acts as if it has been unplugged and replugged into the usb. It began happening once a week or so, and now multiple times per sit down session!

I am currently experiencing this very issue with my razer copperhead. I didn't know logitech mice can also have this issue.

I have had mine for 4 years and nothing like that so far.

a while back my G9x came in perfect condition, BNIB, I guess "open box" can mean that the shipping box was opened...? the actual mouse package was still sealed, of course this is not a guarantee, just my experience, but there weren't any complaints (IIRC) when the G9x open boxes were on sale, I love open box stuff, my MSI P55 GD80 open box (from Newegg) came with all the accessories as well, although I may just be lucky when it comes to open box stuff...

well thanks ordered one. hope i'll get it BNIB too :)

Open Box and Dented Box are different. The Dented Sales are the ones where it's generally brand-new. These Open Boxed deals are refurbs and/or returns, just so you know. Either way it's a good deal on the mouse.

I have this mouse and it has been through quite a lot, a lot of dropping, children playing with it, intense gaming and still going for about 3-4 years

I am currently experiencing this very issue with my razer copperhead. I didn't know logitech mice can also have this issue.

A mouse having intermitent connection failure is usually just a cord going bad which is to be expected of a gaming mouse over time. The connection of the wires starts breaking apart at some point, since they are stranded wires they can handle some breaks eventually though there are to many breaks in the strands and you start to see the mouse cutting out and it just gets more frequent till you get a new one. If you use a gaming mouse with a laptop where you smash it in a back pack or bag all the time you will go through this process yearly. Also once it starts happening you tend to make it worse by playing with the cord, unplugging it and so on trying to fix the problem.

I have had just about every mouse do this due to taking them around in a backpack.

A mouse having intermitent connection failure is usually just a cord going bad which is to be expected of a gaming mouse over time. The connection of the wires starts breaking apart at some point, since they are stranded wires they can handle some breaks eventually though there are to many breaks in the strands and you start to see the mouse cutting out and it just gets more frequent till you get a new one. If you use a gaming mouse with a laptop where you smash it in a back pack or bag all the time you will go through this process yearly. Also once it starts happening you tend to make it worse by playing with the cord, unplugging it and so on trying to fix the problem.

I have had just about every mouse do this due to taking them around in a backpack.

Cough "Wireless Mouse" Cough

If I ever found a wireless mouse that was fast enough for gaming I would probably use it.

well i've given it try if not i can just return it, shipping will be like $5 which isn't bad.

well i've given it try if not i can just return it, shipping will be like $5 which isn't bad.

Standard shipping was free for me to oregon btw. I am a little sad I think I mixed up hearing from people about great quality on "dented box" items from logitech... I hope their refurbs are up to par, either way for $30 I think this is a good deal.

Open Box and Dented Box are different. The Dented Sales are the ones where it's generally brand-new. These Open Boxed deals are refurbs and/or returns, just so you know. Either way it's a good deal on the mouse.

yup, I forgot that Logitech's deals are "dented" box, which makes it even better because the product inside the dented box is more often than not just fine, also I realize that open box items are basically just returns (Newegg has a different link for refurbs), I also have no problems taking the chance that open boxes are just brand new, unused items that people return without using...

anyone know if the laser reads on uneven cloth ? i have a Logitech laser wireless that is about the most useless thing i have ever had displeasure of using, but the cheap sub 10$ mice work fine on my couch/knee/carpet.

Logitech randomly cancelled my order without notice, the automated message seemed to be written for someone who had manually cancelled their own order. Anyone else have this happen?

well lucky you, as i got the mouse but it's all black and stuff more like burned than used, gonna return it

Well lucky you too, i got my mouse today, and aesthetically, its fine... but it will only move the cursor in the up-left or down-right movement... I'd close this window, but i cant.... not with the g500 that i got at least.

Haha, glad I passed up on this one. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Too bad this wasn't a dented box deal for this amount. This would be a killer price on a sweet mouse.

I would buy a second one without hesitation.

well lucky you, as i got the mouse but it's all black and stuff more like burned than used, gonna return it

If you've never seen a g500 in person it can be weird at first. There's an actual black burn mark on the mouse. Not really any other way to describe it. I think it's part of the design though.

If you've never seen a g500 in person it can be weird at first. There's an actual black burn mark on the mouse. Not really any other way to describe it. I think it's part of the design though.

i've seen the mouse and that black and gray markings like military are there, but there is also few areas where the darn thing is compeletly black like it was burned and i can tell difference as the two color differs from each other.

i've seen the mouse and that black and gray markings like military are there, but there is also few areas where the darn thing is compeletly black like it was burned and i can tell difference as the two color differs from each other.

I've had the mouse for over a year - there are two what look like burn marks in part of the design. One, right opposite to the DPI Lights, and one below that.

http://gamingweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/logitech-g500-gaming-mouse.jpg
http://www.logitech.com/assets/15994/15994.png

At least on my mouse.

Only complaint I've had is that the textured plastic has formed a smooth spot in a small oval beneath the forward button on the mouse.

hmm hmm, some other dude's mouse... open box means a return item right? so basically I am touching another guy's mouse, I wonder what he is touching friend night. actually, i don't want to know. in 4 1 anyway and will wipe it with babywipe the first I do after receive it.

The one I recieved today seems to be in relatively new condition. Nothing a little cleaning didn't fix.

Works just fine, and while I normally don't care much for Logitech mice, I really like the feel of this one.

Happy camper so far. :)

Well lucky you too, i got my mouse today, and aesthetically, its fine... but it will only move the cursor in the up-left or down-right movement... I'd close this window, but i cant.... not with the g500 that i got at least.

Logitech is going to replace my mouse! :)

Back