Open Box: Asus P5E / X38 $100

saw that earlier today why looking for a mobo for my q6600. I added it to cart, then when I got to check out, a big WARNING BUYING OPEN BOX agreement came and gave me second doubts. But overall though. Price is good. But you get what you paid for right.

i have bought at least 6 asus open box from the egg, and they are almost all retail box. I have not had 1 bad 1 yet. I paid like $220 when it came out. I would like $100 purchase better for sure.

Judging by your sig maybe I should have jumped on this instead I got a 680i ...

I got a P5E deluxe wifi X38 DDR3 board from the egg open box. $320 board for $215 shipped. came brown box with no I/O shield. board runs great though and I am happy with it. gonna buy the I/O for $10. otherwise 7 of my 8 asus open box have been full retail package. also check out the mwave refurbished page they have some incredible deals on actual rma boads. gotten like 8 of those and all were good.

I've bought a few open box items before and all worked out well except one Commando came all jacked up(pins bent, heatsinks disconnected) and wouldn't boot for the life of me once I fixed those issues. Luckily you can still return it to NewEgg.

so is this worth the risk or should i just find something new. I need a mobo for my new Q6600

wow...that literally happened in the past 5 minutes...guess I missed it while I was farting around.

I did to I was reading the open box policys and well it went up 50 bucks

damm! that was a helluva deal! i would have picked that up instantly. doh! why'd i have to come home so damm late. oh well. bbq vs $100 x38 hmmm... eh. wutevs. aint got no damm ddr3 anyhow.

Back