[OPEN BOX] ASRock RX 6900 XT $620

No warranty on open box, according to the Newegg support I talked to in the past.

It isn't up to NewEgg to determine that. MFRs don't care about open box one way or the other.
This is def not always true. Some specify you have to be the ORIGINAL owner. Meaning open box items do not count for the warranty, regardless of the place it was sold or the retailers policies.

This is def not always true. Some specify you have to be the ORIGINAL owner. Meaning open box items do not count for the warranty, regardless of the place it was sold or the retailers policies.
Huh? That's still MFR policy. The retailer doesn't have a word of say in warranty terms. I work in distribution.

Anyways; that only matters if the person who returned the card registered it, which is a 1 in 100 occasion.

It isn't up to NewEgg to determine that. MFRs don't care about open box one way or the other.
When I talked to the support person, I sent them a link to a particular product. The person went and checked for me, and came back and stated that there is no manufacturer warranty on it. Perhaps Newegg has a separate database that they can check. I have no idea. But since that was the response, I won’t chance it and didn’t buy it. I don’t remember what it was anymore.

Huh? That's still MFR policy. The retailer doesn't have a word of say in warranty terms. I work in distribution.

Anyways; that only matters if the person who returned the card registered it, which is a 1 in 100 occasion.
Where you work has nothing to do with this. Factually, open box items can have major issues with warranty claims with many of the big manufacturers. There are some that are serial based and just want proof of purchase, others are very picky and will deny a claim because they can. In that case they often defer the customer to the retailer. It's not rocket science. This has been the case for a very long time. 25+ years in the hobby and this overall has not changed much. Transferrable warranties may also come in to play, but that was not what was proposed here.

Back