Open Beta Phantasy Star Blue Burst

Ugh, I want to download this, but the links seem to be overloaded. I can't even get to the file.... any mirrors?

Downloaded it, gave it a shot, deleted it.

Even though I never played on the Dreamcast, I get a feeling this is a pretty straight-across port. It really doesn't feel like it belongs on the PC.

You are correct, ameoba. Though it is possible, I wouldn't recommend that anyone play this without a gamepad. Even then, it's not your traditional PC RPG. More in line with a dungeon crawler like Diablo. Fun stuff, but painfully dated. Anyone who was ever interested, check out the beta, because this horse shit will be P2P by early June. Not worth it, IMO, but for old PSO fans, free is fun!! :)

I have been playing for a couple days I have to say the game is only so-so. As stated the controls are not that good. My biggest issue is that you can not lock on to mobs and it can be very difficult to track them. The options to remap the keyboard are also limited. Graphics wise the game looks like an upgraded DC game. Granted the game runs silky smooth for me at 16x12 with 4xAA/8xAF. Sound is a little underwhelming too. I do like the Guild Wars feel to it, where all the missions are instanced.

I can't connect to the patch server so I can play the game... :(

I even took down my firewall, no avail. Is the game down right now?

BTW, I loved the original Phantasy Star Online.

Back