Ontario Working to Ban Eye Tattoos after Woman Injured

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Ontario government has added a ban on cosmetic eye tattoos to a proposed patient care bill after an Ottawa woman nearly lost her eye. The procedure, called scleral pigmentation, is made by lancing a small needle into the top layer of the eye and injecting diluted ink.

An artist without proper training tattooed the white of Catt Gallinger's right eye purple in an Arnprior, Ont., studio on the night of Sept. 5. Within hours, Gallinger said she was in pain as the ink leaked from her eye. That pain hasn't stopped despite three months of consultations, medication and attempts at surgery.

Being In the Optical field myself for 23 years, this is the MOST idiotic thing i have seen in my life! You are injecting pigment into the smallest and most complex organ in the body and you think everything will be allright?.............yeah..........I have no sympathy for this moron, just cause she wants to be "different".

...I don't know this seems like a real easy way to weed out the real morons amongst you. Anyone that thinks getting shit injected into their eye (let alone by someone without a medical license) is not to be trusted with too much responsibility. I mean we have trump bumper stickers in the US, you can have colored leaking eyes in Canada.

You shouldn't be able to get disability if you do stupid shit like this and if it happens to go really bad

That's one of the most stupid things I've ever seen. Why would anyone risk getting blind by doing that!

Wonder if the real reason they are acting so fast is to limit the health care cost to the government?

Curious if her plan was to do both eyes or just the one? Or was the "artist" smart enough to stop when he(she?) did the right eye and saw something was wrong?

As someone who got lasik almost 3 years ago, I would've never gone through with it had a jittery and imperfect human hand been doing the procedure. Eye tattoos are on the list of dumbest things I heard but letting a human do the procedure vs a machine easily trumps the stupidity of agreeing to get one. I get to enjoy above average vision at 20/15 thanks to technology, this woman gets to enjoy 1 eye due to human error and stupidity.

Being In the Optical field myself for 23 years, this is the MOST idiotic thing i have seen in my life! You are injecting pigment into the smallest and most complex organ in the body and you think everything will be allright?.............yeah..........I have no sympathy for this moron, just cause she wants to be "different".

Notice the "different" thing is usually a female thing? As man I know I'm different simply because I'm a human and I dont have an identical twin.

Everytime I see her pictures my eyes water. Yeeeeeeesh, even though it was not the smartest thing, the outcome sucks and hope they can recover.

You shouldn't be able to get disability if you do stupid shit like this and if it happens to go really bad

Except we all know that if they do go blind doing something stupid like this, they WILL end up being considered disabled and the taxpayers will be supporting them the rest of their years.

Look at the bright side, after they remove her fucked up eye she can get a sick glass one to replace it.

ZzbFAm9.jpg

For Fucks Sake....this just petrifies me.....God Damn...I have tattoos, A shit ton of tattoos, but my eyes make me unique , and able to see all (or most of ) the bullshit that i have to deal with on any given day, I would not trade my sight for the for the image of being , "different"..

few good things about this government, but this one is good

People shouldn't need the government to step in on an issue like this. Who thinks it makes total sense to have some random tattoo artist shoot a bunch of ink into your eye? Who honestly thinks that would end well? Not saying that this is a bad law, but damn man, what the eff?

I can't even handle the air puff in the eye when going for a eye exam, takes them like 5 attempts to get it right. Why anybody would want to do this is insane. Dye your hair if you want to be different.

Back