ONN micro SD cards, would you trust?

Sandisks are just about the same price on amazon...

The question is, what will you use these for? The reason I ask - for things like dashcams you should be looking at high endurance variants.

Sandisks are just about the same price on amazon...

The question is, what will you use these for? The reason I ask - for things like dashcams you should be looking at high endurance variants.
Looking phone storage, PNY branded are a couple dollars more btw.

Looking phone storage, PNY branded are a couple dollars more btw.
For phone storage I use often, I want a fast MicroSD.

Im using a Sandisk Extreme Plus i bought back in 2014 for my Note4.

Compared to slower cards (Kingston and Sandisk Class 10s), I like that pictures pop up quickly when Im scrolling through my gallery. Im out of the loop with microsds but consider those that have fast read and write speeds.

Typically (but obviously not always), no advertised speed = slow

Looks like 256gb U3 ONN microSD card is causing a boot loop when the media scanner is scanning it now......
Gotta see if I still have the receipt, probably return it and pay the difference for another brand.

Also hearing these are rebranded Lexars that didn't meet their QC.

I have the older 128 GB U3 V30 A1 ONN card. The back of the package clearly stated rated read and write speeds of 100 MB/s and 50 MB/s (actual benchmarked write speed: 51 MB/s), respectively. That is actually slower (write-speed wise) than a non-write-speed rated U1 V10 A1 Sandisk Ultra Plus card of the same capacity, whose real write speed benchmarked to around 65 MB/s. My testing of that ONN card inside my Samsung Galaxy S10e confirmed that this particular ONN card is a rebranded PNY Elite-X card after matching its result to a test of the PNY-branded card in another Web site inside a Galaxy S10+ phone.

And Walmart now only carries rebranded SanDisk cards, whereas the ImageMate, ImageMate Plus and ImageMate Pro are rebranded SanDisk Ultra, Ultra Plus and Extreme Plus, respectively. Formerly made in China, recent SanDisk cards are now made in Malaysia.

And although the Chinese company Longsys owns the Lexar brand, the Lexar-branded microSD cards sold in the US are all made in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Looks like I thrown out the receipt because the ink/thermal disappears over time.......
Maybe I can see if I can get a replacement.
The card works in my other phone so I can pull the data off, see if a reformat will work or something.

Anyone what's the best file system to use?

I have the older 128 GB U3 V30 A1 ONN card. The back of the package clearly stated rated read and write speeds of 100 MB/s and 50 MB/s (actual benchmarked write speed: 51 MB/s), respectively. That is actually slower (write-speed wise) than a non-write-speed rated U1 V10 A1 Sandisk Ultra Plus card of the same capacity, whose real write speed benchmarked to around 65 MB/s. My testing of that ONN card inside my Samsung Galaxy S10e confirmed that this particular ONN card is a rebranded PNY Elite-X card after matching its result to a test of the PNY-branded card in another Web site inside a Galaxy S10+ phone.

And Walmart now only carries rebranded SanDisk cards, whereas the ImageMate, ImageMate Plus and ImageMate Pro are rebranded SanDisk Ultra, Ultra Plus and Extreme Plus, respectively. Formerly made in China, recent SanDisk cards are now made in Malaysia.

And although the Chinese company Longsys owns the Lexar brand, the Lexar-branded microSD cards sold in the US are all made in Taiwan.
Ya, my card is made in Taiwan.

Reformating worked, sadly my current laptop is so old it formats it to 16GB when I tried to using exfat. Using the phone to format it uses sdcardfs, was hoping to use exfat so I could take the card out and use it into a Windows base system.
Also the SD card was renamed from 0123-4567 so I have to redo all my wallpaper galleries which are in the few hundreds...... Wonder if the programmer can add a option to bulk edit the paths. Lol

Anyone knows the difference between sdfat and sdcardfat?
My old phone, Galaxy J3 Prime, from 2017 use sdfat while my new one, Redmi Note 9S, use sdcardfat.
I'm not seeing much info about them online.
If they're the same, then I'll try to see if my old phone can format the card name back to 0123-4567.

Back