only one mATX sli board?

MrDude010

Weaksauce
The only board I have been able to find with the SLI feature is the NF44 socket 939. Is there anything else out there or is that it?

What a rather grim response that was. Looks like my days are numbered with SFF. Thanks, but it looks like Ill be building ATX in a few months ahead to replace my shuttle. Thanks again.

Well if you look at the size of the cards today and the amount of heat the produce it should be of no wonder why SLi is no good. The market for mATX is for the small protable folks, HTPC folks, and budget folks.

You are correct that the said eVGA board is the only SLi mATX board in existence. Also mATX SLi is not as bad a solution a some would make it seem. Sure cooling is important, buts its not insurmountable to have good cooling in a SFF case or mini tower with SLi because I've done it.

The only problem with this board is the limited upgrade path with s939. But if s939 (which still have cpu's with decent speed) is enough for you then go for it.

Space isnt to bad when your using 2 7950gt. Im working with a very tight space and still have room for dual GPU's. Hell i stuffed 2 8800GTX (very tght squeeze...) with a little placement of some fans It will work.

just wait. when im done, my SFF's will rival the best built ATX. MuAaHaHa :D

SLI is pointless right now anyways; adding an extra 8800GTX doesn't do much because there is such a huge bottleneck on the CPU.

SLI is pointless right now anyways; adding an extra 8800GTX doesn't do much because there is such a huge bottleneck on the CPU.

two 8800GTX may be pointless at the moment, two 7 series cards still makes sense to the rest of us.

Your right. I put em to see if there was room. If there's room for 2 8 series, then it shouldnt be a problem fitting (2) 7 series (which im doing). My Tt lanbox wll get one 8800, my Tt Armor Jr has one, Antec NSX 1300 will get dual 7800GT .

Back