Online Relationships Don't Last

Getting married in November to a Venezuelan girl I met online, couldn't be happier - everybody should have a South American wife.

She'll just have to learn to love my XBox too.

LOl, ya, money hungry materialistic women looking for sugar daddies and green cards..lol

i live in Central America, 5 years now, and most women they see a gringo they see walking $$$$$.

always exception, like my g/f of over a year now, but ya, you get the idea, why do you think so many gringo travel to south / central america to retire / live - young hot latin women

what i mean is all u guys talk about freedom, what it is better as limited freedam, truthfuly america it is limited freedom,

As far as online relationships not working out, I read something a few months back that 1 out of 3 or 4 relationships is started through the internet and I work with the tourist public and I gotta say its true so many people meet off the internet but guess what they all have the same problems as other relationships

Damn I wish you could edit posts in this subforum!! I had to edit some points to make them better!

<insert to first point> Someone has to stand up and defend the helpless. Its not a job we like doing or want to do, but SOMETIMES it really makes the WORLD a better place when we've stood up and help "police" the globe. (like WWI & WW2)

what makes american think they are right? only reason they justify they are right by oppressing their own belive onto other countries! police the world? if is not for their own interest american will not be in those conflicts, please study ur history correctly

I don't even bother to waste my time trying to meet women online. I'm single but too old for that game anyway.

wohooo great american when other people have war they always want a piece of the pie and thinkng other people can't finish their own war, need their help...geeze is none of their business

always exception, like my g/f of over a year now, but ya, you get the idea, why do you think so many gringo travel to south / central america to retire / live - young hot latin women

I'm sort of retired and I would move there for the hot young women but I value my life too much to make that mistake. Oh, and latin men are far more pigs about woman than most american men.

wohooo great american when other people have war they always want a piece of the pie and thinkng other people can't finish their own war, need their help...geeze is none of their business

So if you see a guy getting the shit kicked out of him and you had the power to stop the aggressor, you wouldn't, because it's none of your business?

If America let people finish war on their own, you'd be saying prayers to hitler every morning. You probably wouldn't be in canada right now because your parents woulda been killed by the Japanese. Fortunately for you, America wanted a piece of the pie and prevented that from happening by not minding their own business. But you know, whatever floats your boat.

what is wrong with hitler? whats wrong with saddam? whats is wrong with stelin?...my parents kill by japanese? please read ww2 and during the time taiwanese is colony of japan and we are equal citizen, and my grandma is japanese...what the hell u talking about? japan treat colony as their own, not expoide them like uk.french,amerian

what is wrong with hitler? whats wrong with saddam? whats is wrong with stelin?

and at that, we can close the thread... or ban the kid...

you doooo realize hitler was killing millions of people because of thier hair/eye color don't you?

you really need to stop thinking for yourself

history is written by the victor, think napolian, Genghis Khan juliet caeser, all conqueror kills people in millions, stop be so judgemental just b/c u dont know what happen aroudn the world nor see the true color of history

u are judging a people base off one action, and be/c he lost

Ohhhh sorry I had to jump in on this one Japs during WWII treating colonies as their own? Sorry not true at all they were known for forcing civillians to kill themselves in mass amounts because the americans were coming and told people of Guam/Saipan/Tinian and countless other islands that they would be raped and kill so they were told to kill themselves and if they didn't they got shot anyways.

Also you ever heard of Comfort women?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_women

Do a google lots of information on this subject and in the Philippines/Korea they raped and killed thousands, I hate the fact people talk so much about what Germany did during WWII(it was totally fucked) but Japan was just as bad as them, and Stalin whats wrong with him?

Oh I dont know he killed more then Hitler could have ever dreamed of killing he was the Microsoft of Mass Murder while Hitler was just some guy fucking around with Visual Basic, get your facts straight before posting on the internet fucko.

Online dating, something new and different, a relationship is a relationship, no matter where it starts. Now online allows people to "hide" features or "enhance" some but in the end it is still the same.

Met online in 1997, married 1998. Still together!

I knew my wife was unique. She had me investigated.

met my wife online in a RPG in early 06
I was in the us and she was in canada.
lots of trips and lots of online chat followed
She moved here to live with me in 07 and we were married 11/07.
couldnt be happier:D

Shes a gamer chick, shes playing conan sitting next to me as I type this:cool:
oh and shes a hottie not a fatty so dont get the wrong idea:p

Relationships are like high-end 3D cards...

great in the beginning...
will last anywhere from a week to a few years..
sometimes it fails to work and new drivers must be installed (dunno how this one relates)
cost a fortune..

And you're always tempted to go SLi, lol.

what makes american think they are right? only reason they justify they are right by oppressing their own belive onto other countries! police the world? if is not for their own interest american will not be in those conflicts, please study ur history correctly

what i mean is all u guys talk about freedom, what it is better as limited freedam, truthfuly america it is limited freedom,

Please leave the troll alone guys. He's throwing out one red herring argument out after another. Lacking in culture, love, respect is nothing in comparison in lacking logic. :p

Heh, didn't read all the replies, but the argument is the article is completely asinine. The truth is relationships without truth and trust do not lost, regardless of where they are first formed. I met my wife online almost 10 years ago, fell in love almost from the start. 1.5 years later I moved out to be with her, married her 2 years later. We are still together, still in love, and in fact have not had a true fight since we met. We've had our arguments and disagreements, but never a full blown fight.

Oh well, guess not everyone can find their perfect match, but I sure did :)

I'm sort of retired and I would move there for the hot young women but I value my life too much to make that mistake. Oh, and latin men are far more pigs about woman than most american men.

dam right they are :) most latin men, self centered cheaters, back stabbers, anything to make them selves look good, so it makes life great for a gringo who treat there women awsome! (another thing apparently latin men dont like going down on women and they arent hung too well some girls at work have told me)

but either way, i found an exception to the stereo typical latin woman and i have no complaints!

Point proven, if your willing to undertake in permanent actions (sexual) and cant bothered to get married (which means you get to keep a nice little comfort zone of non-commitment [basically can leave whenever you see fit]), so therefore, your assuring it wont last.

better than resenting each other for many years bound by wedlock... murder suicide anyone :p

well, i am canadia...mroe of taiwanese canadian, i been around the world, and so far, i dislike north american culture...if they have any, anyway, i went to poland for a month on business, i love their culture and their tradition, it is like white people with traditional value (most old european has that), i met my future wife in canada, she is hardcore polish, i love it,....i did been in and out of few, from french canadian to half-polish canadian, to my taste, they are no good, usually lack of traditional family value and value in general, trust me, go travel a bit and u will see that North america is really a Love killer

even my polish happiness agrees (she has been in canada for 16 years, as i am in canada for 12 years

then don't live here.

next

dam right they are :) most latin men, self centered cheaters, back stabbers, anything to make them selves look good, so it makes life great for a gringo who treat there women awsome! (another thing apparently latin men dont like going down on women and they arent hung too well some girls at work have told me)

but either way, i found an exception to the stereo typical latin woman and i have no complaints!

Yea, a guy I used to know years ago from Lebanon said they consider going down on woman dirty so don't do it either. Their woman should come see me for a real pleasurable time and see what they are missing out on. ;)

online i met my last girlfriend online? sorry.. no no no.. we weren't online... we did lines!!

same same i forget

but that lasted about 8 hours ;)

What some complete and total idiots in this thread fail to realize is that just because a marriage (or any sort of relationship) exists, it does not in any way make it a successful relationship. In other words, there are many marriages across the world that SHOULD end, but do not because of societal pressures. I see any culture's values that potentially contribute to lifelong misery as a BAD thing. The freedom of choice won't necessarily lead to happiness, but the option and possibilities are there.

Met my wife in 2000 online, moved to the US on New Years Eve 2005 got married 2006, I think that survey like someone else had commented should be about relationships in general not always working out, I think the figures are going to show the same amount of breakups for people who met through other methods.

9 Years with current girlfriend, met her online, moved from Seattle WA, to Pacifica CA, to be with her...

Some do work out :)

9 Years later... Total of 18, still with her, and just went through hell this year, she basically helped kept me alive through 3.5 months of hospital stays and now 7 weeks of recovery. Yeah they do work out somtimes :)

Doesn't [H] have some resident experts on the topic of online dating not working out?

There are legendary threads on the topic in genmay.

Back