Online Pen n' Paper type games?

Shantarr.Dalrae

[H]ard|Gawd
Yo,

Does anyone happen to have knowledge of any D&D-esque online pen and paper type games that are online?

My brother plays these games a lot and we are looking for a way to co-op online with a group rather than all trying to meet at a single location.

Thanks,

Shantarr

I´m don`t know what games your brother plays, but you could try RPG client like Roll20.

Personally our online group is simply using IRC bot to roll dice, electronic character sheets (basically excel) and Teamspeak for audio. It works fine for most part. We are playing GURPS, which has less official support from client makers... For them the d20 type games (D&D/Pathfinder and such) are the big ticket items so those get support first.

I'm at work - so I can't check - but I believe that there is a new official ad&d online campaign type game that should be coming out soon. I saw it a few weeks back and it looks to be pretty cool....I'm guessing much like the "offline" version of Neverwinter Nights. You can just purchase the core game or a DM version that allows you to build modules/campaigns. Check out Wizards of the Coasts website or dnd.wizards.com

*Update* - ok here is the one I was referring to - https://swordcoast.com/

*This might be more graphical than pen and paper that you were asking about - sorry - but it still sounds cool ; ) *

I apologize if that link is not allowed here - please let me know and I'll 86 it..

Good Luck!
Xerack

Last edited:
Back