Online PC vendors

HAQattaq

Limp Gawd
If you had to recommend buying a pre-built gaming PC online, what custom PC maker would you go with?

It looks like ibuypower and cyberpower have some really great deals but I don't know if their customer service has improved over the years.

Digital Storm looks solid but the prices are bit inflated. Are there any others that have good prices with fair service or would Dell be the safest to go with?

Thanks

Falcon Northwest is definately a little more expensive than the ones you listed, but the intangibles, like customer service and craftsmanship are second to NONE.

never buy from cyberpower. i repeat: never buy from cyberpower.

my dad bought a system from them and i ordered one for a company i used to work for to save some cash. very poor build quality, poor support and misconfiguration of bios/system.

if you are looking to save money it is hard to buy a quality pre-built machine on a budget, especially a gaming one. Falcon is a great vendor, VoodooPC is another top quality builder. these are not budget systems by far. i haven't looked at prices versus dell on gaming systems, but dell usually has good prices. if you are looking for support/warranty that might be a good route to go if they have the system specs you want.

is the problem that you are uncomfortable building it yourself or just want a builder to warranty/support the system? you might be able to get someone on here to build you one, not sure if people do that in the for sale forum.

Thanks for mentioning Falcon Northwest. I forgot about them but I do remember back in the day it was Alienware, VoodooPC and them. I will stay away from cyberpower. Thanks

This will be an i5, radeon 5850 type of build. Something around $1200-$1300

I could build one, however I don't want the support to fall back on me if you know what I'm saying. I'd rather pre-config one for this person and let the vendor take it from there.

Is ibuypower up to standards these days?

oh, it's for someone else, then i totally get it. i stopped building a long time ago for that very reason, the support was unbearable.

no experience with ibuypower, i've just seen their ads in magazines. they remind me of a cyberpower type place.

if this is for a friend and you value that friendship, definitely recommend a higher end company rather than a bargain joint.

looks like the alienware (dell) aurora is $1299. i'd suggest you recommend that and move on. ;)

voodoopc is hp
alienware is dell

falcon beats them both hands down!

but for the $1300 range you are pretty limited.

www.gamepc.com is a throw-back name to suggest. but I dont think their price is as competitive as dell/alienware.

For the heck of it it may be worth your time to call falcon and get a quote on the talon.
http://www.falcon-nw.com/

Avoid both Cyberpower and Ibuypower like the plague!The customer nightmare stories about them are endless.
Puget definitely does quality work,but at a very hefty price.Maingear PC's seem well regarded here.Personally MFPC won out for me on price, quality of build,and choice of components.

If I can answer any specific questions regarding Maingear, feel free to drop me a line. I'm always on the forums here if you need anything.

These guys won't steer you wrong.

Avoid both Cyberpower and Ibuypower like the plague!The customer nightmare stories about them are endless.
Puget definitely does quality work,but at a very hefty price.Maingear PC's seem well regarded here.Personally MFPC won out for me on price, quality of build,and choice of components.

We've got a word around here for what happens when ever you buy a PC from Cyberpower... :D

I actually had a decent experience with iBuypower. I got the core components from them (processor/MB/RAM/Case/etc.) and when price matching the same setup with NewEgg and my local Microcenter, the price was only $50 higher than buying everything myself a-la-carte. I'm aware I can pricewatch search and order 20 components from 20 vendors really cheap, but I needed a new system quickly and I wanted to get as much of it from one place as I could.
The build quality was good and when it arrived, I tossed in a few components that I DID find much cheaper elsewhere (video and sound) and have been really happy ever since.
Since you can pick and choose options - you can always just skimp on certain things that you plan to add yourself.

Back