OnePlus One specs starting to be announced

Did you look at the extreme low light comparison? It was quite impressive.

It was pretty good, but I'd have to see other comparisons, it looks like he used the flashed with the One Plus but didn't with the Find 5. Unless the Find 5 was really that bad.

I'm concerned that we're building up the OnePlus One too much -- there are a lot of people who are convinced this will be the phone to end all phones, but there hasn't even been a proper hands-on yet. There have been a lot of phones that were theoretically perfect but had a glaring weakness or two holding them back. I wouldn't expect a new company (even with experienced talent behind it) to knock its first phone out of the park.

The photos look too vibrant and overly yellow, but it's a very nice camera for an under $400 device. Goodbye Nexus 5!

It was pretty good, but I'd have to see other comparisons, it looks like he used the flashed with the One Plus but didn't with the Find 5. Unless the Find 5 was really that bad.

I kinda thought that too, but that'd be a horrible way to do a lowlight comparison. It's hard to get a real clue to how dark the room actually was without an overall photo of the lighting setup.

That's why I like the video reviews Techmoan does on Youtube. He stays consistent. He usually only does China camera's, but it's a better example with how he does it.

I kinda thought that too, but that'd be a horrible way to do a lowlight comparison. It's hard to get a real clue to how dark the room actually was without an overall photo of the lighting setup.

That's why I like the video reviews Techmoan does on Youtube. He stays consistent. He usually only does China camera's, but it's a better example with how he does it.

I'll just hold my reservations on the quality, but it does look pretty good on medium to extreme light photos.

That's quite an attractive design but being the same size as the note 3 is what puts me off

You mean screen size, right?

Because if not, you really should pay more attention to this device.

5.5 inch screen in a 5 inch smart phone foot print......

There is a picture rolling around the internetz with a Sony Xperia Z1 on top of the Oneplus One device and you could not see it.

I'll just hold my reservations on the quality, but it does look pretty good on medium to extreme light photos.

It's a 400$ phone with flagship and better specs......no phone coming out this year will beat it.

Not saying its going to break by looking at it.....but, its the same people who built Oppo, which isn't bad quality at all....

Oppo phone screens have for a long time been hit with quality issues. I don't think this phone will be all that spectacular except for the price (if it does in fact stay).

Every phone has quality issues. This phone is basically a Nexus being released mid year except with none of the compromises Nexus phones make. How can you not like it.

The reveal is happening now. live stream - http://c.youku.com/oneplus

Someone translate the Chinese!!

twitter - https://twitter.com/oneplus

Bl4v6aNIcAA5bMy.png:large
specs - http://t.co/beliWlfEQh

Last edited:
I don't know if I should be more interested in this or wait for the phones with HVEC capable SoCs.

Looks like a worse launch than the Nexus 4. Invite only system to purchase. I'd love to order one but I wonder how long it takes before the public can buy

The only negative thing about this phone is the size and the lack of microsd slot. 64GB option helps though.

The only negative thing about this phone is the size and the lack of microsd slot. 64GB option helps though.

Size bugs me but 64GB model for $350 pretty much settles the microsd issue for me.

I'm still slightly torn by the size but it's really nice though.

Good luck being lucky enough to buy this phone at the advertised $299 price. I bet most people will only have the option to find it on E-Bay or Craigslist for like $1,000 :confused:

Well I am going out to buy me a One M8 at ATT today now. I like how developer friendly HTC has become again, great ROM's out there for the M8 I hear. Plus a couple friends have the M8 and are raving about insanely good battery life, rivaling the Note 3 almost. One guy had the Note 3 he said the M8 battery life is on par with that phone. Another buddy had the G2 for ATT, he also said the battery life on his M8 is pretty darn close to the G2, but that M8 with Sense 6 feels much faster and smoother.

I would have bought this One+ One, if they had it available for pre-order right now, or at least a concrete date as to when it will be in stock, and lead time, etc. But I think this phone will be a rare opportunity to find, and by the time there is healthy stock available in warehouse, the Nexus 6 won't be too far off, with new and better tech.

Last edited:
If there is enough demand, they will have the money to ramp up supply. They are being very stupid by not having pre-orders. If they had a pre-order system where you could put down $25 to get one, they'd have a LOT of those.

Profit margins on this phone have got to be razor thin, and they are probably rushing the announcement and production schedule as much as they can. It can't be easy competing in this space at this price point.

I think its really smart they are going for razor thin margins on a high end phone. If it is a solid phone they will make a name for themselves in this highly competitive market. I like the price, I like the specs, I dont think it's the right phone for me though. I also doubt that anyone would pay $1000 on ebay or cragslist for it, it could be even to the HTC One M8 price right now probably around $600-650 but not more than that.

Hopefully Google will match the battery specs of this One+ on the upcoming HTC Nexus-Six this Fall.

Back