Onedrive

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
I was watching a video with this to do to speed up the computer, one of them was to delete onedrive. So i never used onedrive before and i go to delete it and it says are u sure u want to delete onedrive and all its files there are 2,066 files. So my question is how did the files get in there and under like onedrive / desktop it has all the icons from my desktop. So if i delete onedrive am i deleting all those icons and 2000 files will i loose everything for good or are they just duplicate files and folders?

Thanks

OneDrive is set up as a folder under your user folder by default on Windows installs for a while now

I've always uninstalled it, as I use OneDrive, but have my local folder sync to my NAS and not my Windows machine

You can also just sign out of OneDrive via the cloud icon in the tray (when OneDrive is running) and thus keep the files to sort through, but too late for that now 🤷

edit: oh you didn't delete it, you're good then

double edit: also any Office files you might make/read/get shared with might save to your OneDrive by default

OneDrive is set up as a folder under your user folder by default on Windows installs for a while now

I've always uninstalled it, as I use OneDrive, but have my local folder sync to my NAS and not my Windows machine

You can also just sign out of OneDrive via the cloud icon in the tray (when OneDrive is running) and thus keep the files to sort through, but too late for that now 🤷

edit: oh you didn't delete it, you're good then

double edit: also any Office files you might make/read/get shared with might save to your OneDrive by default
Dam i wish i had a clue of what your talking about!!! lol I am not good with software but the guy said it could be slowing your machine down cause its always scanning, i am just going to leave it alone i doubt i am loosing any crazy speed !!! thanks!!

onedrive is not going to slow down your ryzen 5950x rig.
i did not think so but the sick mind of a gamer makes us think the wrost !!! lol I been sick with a cold 9 times this year alone i have 2 ac units to chill the room down to 40 degrees someone said the colder the more fps i get !!!

The bad thing about one drove is that it basically copies ALL files, documents, photos etc to the cloud. So if you have any personal info that you would prefer to remain private, download it from onedrove to your computer, delete everything from all the one drove folders, then delete all the one drive folders, then sign out & completely delete onedrove from your machine forever....

Once downloaded, then you can go thru everything to see what you wanna keep or delete....

Back