One Thing I am Noticing About The B3 (ASUS P67 Pro)

Discussion in 'Intel MoBos' started by G_Sup, Mar 12, 2011.

1. G_Sup

G_Sup Limp Gawd

So I replaced my ASUS P67 PRO with the new B3 flavor via the ASUS RMA program. I basically removed everything, and put everything back exactly as it was before without reformatting.

As far as the SATA ports go, I am populating the 2 Intel 6GB ports with 2 C300's in RAID 0, 1 of the 3GB ports with a DVD player, and 2 more of the Intel 3 GB ports with 2 Samsung F3 1 TB drives in RAID 1. The 2 F3's are only for storage and hold nothing of the OS on them.

Here's what I am noticing that is very different on the B3 version. Upon bootup and once into Windows the F3's SCREAM and then spin back down after about 10 seconds. Then at random times (like right now) they start accessing something and just start spinning up for no reason. My HD light on the case is solid and I'm certainly not accessing the drives as there is nothing on them OS related. This certainly WAS NOT the case with the original "defective" board. Anybody else with a similar config seeing this occur?

2. mjz_5

mjz_5 2[H]4U

probably windows doing some caching.. check windows task manager to see

3. G_Sup

G_Sup Limp Gawd

Well, the Hard disk light is stuck in a solid lit state. I checked task manager and saw nothing out of the ordinary. As I said, these drives aren't OS related. I guess I could just remove the HDD light from the mobo and ignore it, but this certainly did not happen on the other board.

4. mjz_5

mjz_5 2[H]4U

did u check the resource monitor?

5. The Mac

The Mac [H]ardness Supreme

use process monitor, and watch the disk io bytes. Most likely its cahching, or defragementing.

6. G_Sup

G_Sup Limp Gawd

Yes, I checked the resource manager. Nothing. I can tell you that the other board didn't do this.