one soundcard for input, one for output. Possible?

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's the idea. I'm looking at picking up a dirt cheap pci soundcard with an optical input so i can use it to pass through the sound from my 360 to my audigy 2 zs which doesnt have any sort of digital input.

Will this work if i set the cheapo card as the recording device in control panel? or am i being optimistic?

well i just bought a terratec 5.1 card with optical in/out for £15 to experiment with. If i get it working then cool, if not then no big deal.

I hope i can get it working because my pc speakers rock and beat the hell out of my mismatched hi-fi speakers. I have Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1's and they sound amazing. I have a Yamaha DSP-A2 5.1 reciever too, but no space for more speakers in my room.

I had though about updating my sound card to an X-fi with the digital module, but that would cost far more than i can justify.

I just hope i can get this extra sound card to work the way i want. I'm plain sick of stereo sound on my 360.

Wait, you want your computer to decode the AC3 digital passthrough?

You should really ditch those gigaworks and use your Yamaha, that's a near-top of the line receiver right there.

Back