One Shot, One Kill, No Skill: Diary of a Cheater

The game companies could do much more to ban them (even just allow votekicking!), Steam is useless at responding to reports. It just ruins online gaming these days.

Yeah, if a game was cheat proof or video hardware was cheat proof, the makers would fear losing sales.

From what I've understood the biggest problem is DirectX itself. PC cheating is one of the big draws for consoles for some people. Although thats more illusion than substance. Regardless, Microsoft's conflict of interest rears its ugly head, again.

I remember playing CS and some people that used AWP's were so good that when someone with an aimbot came in they would kill it. It was some of the most epic shit.

I remember playing CS and some people that used AWP's were so good that when someone with an aimbot came in they would kill it. It was some of the most epic shit.

What's an AWP?

Also, how can I host my own lobbies/matches on MW3 with the general population so I can kick cheats (at the very least) from my games? Because like a poster above stated, reporting, does absolutely nothing.

I'm not lying when i say it's this or paying to be a faggot cheat myself just to be able to keep playing the game I purchased. As for anyone that thinks cheating is not out of control. You'd be hard-pressed to go three games on MW3 without someone cheating. So if you don't see it, you're not looking (mistaking cheats for skill). Only the retards aimbot, there's so much more to it though. Boxes showing where you are is the number one used option of the cheats in my book. That alone gives them so much more advantage. I have 1,000+ hours (well Steams time keeping is not that accurate IMO) on MW3 and it's time to quit, host my owm matches, or start cheating. I've seen too much...lol

MW3002.jpg

I read the first two or three paragraphs of John's comments. Now I'm no psychologist but my diagnosis of John's problem is -

John needs to find a girlfriend!

wow this article is really terrible. hard to read it.

also, what's with the attempt to liken shitty cheaters to some type of likable old west outlaw? as if some kid with aimbot is a character in a Tarantino movie. the modern era's steroid user?? cheating at shooters is about ruining other people's fun because you suck and are having no fun.

Looking at the videos from the use of those hack it looks like all of them share the same code. Your telling me that the devs from all those games haven't sub'd to get the program, then just patched out the injection locations and made checks for that program running yet?

After reading the article it seems just like typical bullying.

"Someone made me mad and there is nothing I can do about it so I'm going to go and pick on someone else and make them mad. I'm a big man now, har har!"

Reason I stopped playing games like COD4 Multiplayer was the amount of wankers using cheats from places like Artificial Aiming.
Tried BF3 and found after a couple of months they were back.
Shame as I used to love COD4.

Many times it's even dev or internal tech who uses hacks (and yes i've experienced first hand) and somehow if it gets leaked everyone starts using it. Majority times it's single/group of paying customer/s but it doesn't mean they are not using it. (not for testing. they also do it just for fun like rest of us) even i've done little more/less of hacking in multiplayer games.

I find it hard to believe that the anti cheat systems can't detect these blatant hacks instantly.

Detect what? These things inject themselves into straight into the engine or DX code. The more popular cheats such as AA are using specially built clients that can only be used by a paying subscriber and uses MAC authentication. Even then the cheat injection is web based so there's no temporary files or any sort of code stored on the users computer. This makes it real hard for PB to even begin to write detections for the hack because it has no raw files to work with. They would have to debug everything and monitor every packet and line of code being sent on the user running the hack. Only then can they hope to update their definitions to detect it but then all the cheat makers have to do is alter one line of code and it's back to being undetectable.

HelioS definitely isn't stupid, I remember him many years ago before he started AA. He was literally the king of Unreal cheating and his public hacks were notorious. It wasn't uncommon to encounter a server with someone using his aimbots and racking up Holy Shit spree's like it was nothing and then everyone crying "OMG THAT GUY IS HELIOS BOTTING KICK HIM". I am actually glad he went back to paid, atleast it weeds out the ones who can't afford to cheat. The guy has been creating cheats since before PB even existed. To be honest PB is one of the worst anti-cheat programs out there to begin with and there are even games HelioS won't touch because bypassing it is a bitch.

BF3's hacking problem is that the server believes anything the client tells it, including hit detection. This is a fundamental flaw of all client-server game platforms. Never trust the client for any information, or BF3 happens.

I use cheats every now and then. Go ahead and ban me for shit talking boom your sever is dead bitch! Ban me because I have a hard on for pilots in BF3. Boom I am sniping you out of the cockpit! Get butt hurt all you want.RUMADBRAH!

Choke on a dick. I'm so sorry that you're so mediocre in real life that you've succumbed to paying to be a god in an online game. Have fun going through life with this inferiority issues!

Just a quick question. How do they overcome punkbuster? Wouldn't the program detect this obvious hack? Has valve VAC been hacked yet?

It uses a Direct X overlay, which makes it really hard to block. You'd pretty much have to take Direct X out of the game.

I love how that guy's main reason he cheats is due to him having stress at his job. What a douche. Man up. I love his other games that he plays....especially 'Farm Simulator'....while living on a farm. That's like playing MS flight simulator while flying a plane.

Just a quick question. How do they overcome punkbuster? Wouldn't the program detect this obvious hack? Has valve VAC been hacked yet?

VAC's days of usefulness are long gone. They haven't been keeping it up to date and it rarely bans anyone for hacking.

its only bf3.

This article may be about BF3 but there are TONS of games out there that are being ruined by cheaters. It is a big issue and, as much as some people want to down play it, it affects a lot of people that paid good money to play the game.

You can never make a cheater happier than by staying on the server and ranting at them.

They don't care about skill or their quality of play, so telling them they cheat because they suck does nothing.

They don't care that they ruin it for everyone else; that's the point.

Most cheaters are there for the sweet nuggets of rage that players are more than willing to drop everywhere. If you want to avoid cheaters, play on servers with active admins or just leave. Getting mad at cheaters will only make it worse.

Ding ding ding. This must be the only guy in this thread who gets it. Hackers hack because it's fun pissing people off and hearing/seeing their lovely rage. Just search on Youtube for all the COD and CSS raging/trolling.

I would know since I used to hack once upon a time during the CSS days when they had free CSS weekends (unlimited hacking on a throw-away guest account). And nope I didn't pay for any hacks, since I was able to find some for free. And let me tell you, if you've ever enjoyed trolling, hacking and pissing people off is hella fun.

If you want to stop hackers, just leave the server and play somewhere else, or play competitively and enjoy the universal anti-cheat protection of having people watch you play (eg: LAN).

Have fun loosing, I usually do. But when a cheater is on my server the fun is gone. Hell if you watch that video clip provided the scum doesn't even make an effort to play. The cheater is not there to win buy offsetting his score, only to break the game/fun. This fool would be banned in a heartbeat he clearly makes no effort to disguise his ways and must spend his time bouncing from one server to the next, Fucker better protect his IP.

So he gets beaten up (figuratively not literally) at work and uses that as an excuse to cheat at video games?

What a loser.

It's just a little bit to close to the whole "lost argument with spouse, take out anger by beating up poor defenseless dog" thing to me.

While I agree with the sentiment that violent gaming does not translate into violent behaviors in other parts of ones life, I do feel that people who find it acceptable to cheat at anything, however inconsequential, are more likely to cheat at other tings in life.

There is nothing I hate more than a cheater, and I am not just talking about games. People who skip in lines, game the system to get better deals for themselves at others expense, cheat on tests, cheat on their significant others...

It's all related. Some perverted sense that common rules of decency don't apply to them.

I think we'd all be better off if people like this were forcibly removed from the gene pool.

you can call them what you want, you can detest them all you want, you can make stupid troll remarks about his sexuality all you want...

it won't stop, it won't matter to them, and the truth is a lot more people cheat then admit it, otherwise it wouldn't be such a huge business market.

Cheats use to be free, you'd download a program, start your game, hit some keys on your keyboard to do memory editing.... now you connect to an online service, pay monthly fee's or per hour, join community websites that have more traffic then normal ones, it's insane.

And that's why I don't play online, it might be fun, it might be enjoyable, but just one cheater in one game and there goes my day / mood... 3-4 times of it happening and I stop playing that game

I read the first two or three paragraphs of John's comments. Now I'm no psychologist but my diagnosis of John's problem is -

John needs to find a girlfriend!

He lives on a farm. I'm sure there's plenty of horses.

You can never make a cheater happier than by staying on the server and ranting at them.

They don't care about skill or their quality of play, so telling them they cheat because they suck does nothing.

They don't care that they ruin it for everyone else; that's the point.

Most cheaters are there for the sweet nuggets of rage that players are more than willing to drop everywhere. If you want to avoid cheaters, play on servers with active admins or just leave. Getting mad at cheaters will only make it worse.

The is a difference between cheating and what this guy and other people like him are. Me turning on god mode to get past a level, or all ammo to restock during a game that's cheating. If I am using a cheat in BF3 for targeting so that I stay at the top of a leader board. Well that is cheating. What this guy and almost all of AA's paying customers are doing is actually paying money to be a troll.

Think about that. How many people out there would even to someone they don't like actually pay money to piss them off? He acts like he is a normal person that just needs a venting point online for his anger, truth is he probably needs it badly, because if your if your stress reliever is to pay for the opportunity to piss off a stranger,you are probably one step from going postal at work.

VAC's days of usefulness are long gone. They haven't been keeping it up to date and it rarely bans anyone for hacking.

VAC is so bad these days I laugh my ass off when someone gets a vac ban. Means they were absolutely clueless morons.

I play a ton of CSS and it is remarkable to me how many people still hack in that game. What's worse is when 2 or 3 join the same server and the same team. Sometimes one hacker isn't that bad if you have some good players on the server, but 2 or 3 ruin the game completely.

I'm sure some people cheat because they are so bad at whatever game they're playing they dont know what else to do. This guy admittedly cheats just to harass people, which makes him a life troll. He likes to think he's no different from the rest of us, but he is. He gets pleasure out of the misery of others. This is no different than bullying, which suggests he has some confidence and self-esteem issues. People bully others to try to make themselves feel stronger. They need to feel stronger because in general, they actually feel very weak and pathetic. Make someone else weaker than you, and presto, you are now strong by comparison.

Thats what this guy does. He even describes it basically, saying when he has a shitty day at work, he wants to make other people feel shitty. This is pretty deplorable and speaks volumes of his character. No sir, you are NOT like the rest of us, and you are NOT normal. Just because you eat the same food and drink the same drinks as we do, does not mean you are like us. So either come to grips with your personal inadequacies or continue to reap what you sow. People who behave like this will eventually be encountered by this. You cannot surround yourself with negativity and overall douchebaggery and not expect to run into it yourself one day. It's sort of like Karma, except in a realistic sense. Perhaps this is why his job is so lame, because he himself has unwittingly thrust himself into it through his personal degeneracy, without even realizing it.

I'm sure some people cheat because they are so bad at whatever game they're playing they dont know what else to do. This guy admittedly cheats just to harass people, which makes him a life troll. He likes to think he's no different from the rest of us, but he is. He gets pleasure out of the misery of others. This is no different than bullying, which suggests he has some confidence and self-esteem issues. People bully others to try to make themselves feel stronger. They need to feel stronger because in general, they actually feel very weak and pathetic. Make someone else weaker than you, and presto, you are now strong by comparison.

Thats what this guy does. He even describes it basically, saying when he has a shitty day at work, he wants to make other people feel shitty. This is pretty deplorable and speaks volumes of his character. No sir, you are NOT like the rest of us, and you are NOT normal. Just because you eat the same food and drink the same drinks as we do, does not mean you are like us. So either come to grips with your personal inadequacies or continue to reap what you sow. People who behave like this will eventually be encountered by this. You cannot surround yourself with negativity and overall douchebaggery and not expect to run into it yourself one day. It's sort of like Karma, except in a realistic sense. Perhaps this is why his job is so lame, because he himself has unwittingly thrust himself into it through his personal degeneracy, without even realizing it.

Seriously? feeling shitty?

it's just a game... lol

yeah, this dude's a troll not a cheater, like people that incessantly team kill. Pathetic.

Detect what? These things inject themselves into straight into the engine or DX code. The more popular cheats such as AA are using specially built clients that can only be used by a paying subscriber and uses MAC authentication. Even then the cheat injection is web based so there's no temporary files or any sort of code stored on the users computer. This makes it real hard for PB to even begin to write detections for the hack because it has no raw files to work with. They would have to debug everything and monitor every packet and line of code being sent on the user running the hack. Only then can they hope to update their definitions to detect it but then all the cheat makers have to do is alter one line of code and it's back to being undetectable.

HelioS definitely isn't stupid, I remember him many years ago before he started AA. He was literally the king of Unreal cheating and his public hacks were notorious. It wasn't uncommon to encounter a server with someone using his aimbots and racking up Holy Shit spree's like it was nothing and then everyone crying "OMG THAT GUY IS HELIOS BOTTING KICK HIM". I am actually glad he went back to paid, atleast it weeds out the ones who can't afford to cheat. The guy has been creating cheats since before PB even existed. To be honest PB is one of the worst anti-cheat programs out there to begin with and there are even games HelioS won't touch because bypassing it is a bitch.

Most of these games record your stats; amount of bullets shot, hit/miss ratio, distance from enemy, etc, so the system knows what is going on during the game.
If you are killing 20+ people in less than a minute with only 20 or so bullets, then it should instantly flag that player.

Makes me glad I enjoy less popular titles, Like Red Orchestra 2.

There may be hacks that I am not aware off, but I have only suspected one person of hacking in my 250+ hours of playing that game online mostly on full 64 player servers.

I guess the whole "security by obscurity" effect works for hacking in games as well.

They are miserable pieces of crap, and therefore want you to be miserable as well. They enjoy heaping suffering on others.
They tried to make cheating out like it was an addiction, or like he was forced to do it. Utter and complete BS.

Precisely.
People build a lot of crap on it, be it to justify themselves, or to make themselves feel better, but in the end it's extremely simple: people cheat because it's fun.
They stop cheating because it stops being fun.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Zarathustra[H];1038858236 said:
Makes me glad I enjoy less popular titles, Like Red Orchestra 2.

There may be hacks that I am not aware off, but I have only suspected one person of hacking in my 250+ hours of playing that game online mostly on full 64 player servers.

I guess the whole "security by obscurity" effect works for hacking in games as well.

There are absolutely hacks in Red Orchestra 2 I'm afraid.

There are absolutely hacks in Red Orchestra 2 I'm afraid.

Maybe our servers just have better than average players then. :p

I very rarely if ever see anything I find not plausible in game.

Only once did I experience something, and that was when I was reloading behind a wall, and a player walked right up on the other side and put a single shot through the wall straight into my head.

But that's once, in MANY days of play :p

I know everyone is raging over what this guy did, but when I read the title of the article the first thing that came to my mind was "How is this difference than the real money auction house in Diablo 3??" Ok so it's a bit different, as you can't just make everyone die, but still... people pay money to enjoy a game the way THEY want to, end of story. Shit happened with my playing Portal 2, people used cheats to get to the exit instantly without solving puzzles, I simply left the game, and started again trying to find someone who didn't cheat.. I found someone... who was nice enough to ask if it was ok to cheat.

Beautiful! :D

Back