One Plus One Phone

crispyb

Magical Crispyness
Didn't see this posted and I wouldn't consider it hot, but they opened up purchases for the public. Effective now until 12PM EST.

http://oneplus.net

Their site crashed though.

Doesn't work. Created the login, signup, etc etc, just responds with not having the required invite.

About ready to say fuck it w/ this phone. This isn't gmail circa 1999 anymore. Invite systems don't garner favor and generate favorable buzz, they piss people off.

Doesn't work. Created the login, signup, etc etc, just responds with not having the required invite.

About ready to say fuck it w/ this phone. This isn't gmail circa 1999 anymore. Invite systems don't garner favor and generate favorable buzz, they piss people off.

I hear ya. After spending my lunch time trying to get this phone. It's going to be a nice present for my wife, so it was worth it.

I almost pulled the trigger on the 64GB, today. After keeping it in my cart for about 15 minutes, I passed on it. I want to see what the Droid Turbo is like before I buy my next phone.

If you can deal with the slightly larger form factor, Nexus 6 is probably a better bet.

I have a Oneplus One and it's a fucking incredible fantastic phone ....... 64GB ,,, no bloat ... awesome battery life and the phone just looks dope.

You can also customize the hell out of it

And when I say no bloat, NO BLOAT ... I have a ton of stuff installed and I still have 57.5GB free

I have a Oneplus One and it's a fucking incredible fantastic phone ....... 64GB ,,, no bloat ... awesome battery life and the phone just looks dope.

You can also customize the hell out of it

And when I say no bloat, NO BLOAT ... I have a ton of stuff installed and I still have 57.5GB free

+1 to this. We were moving last week and I couldn't charge my phone and it made it 2 full days and still had 18% left on the battery. Crazy fast load times. Zero bloatware.

I routinely get 2 to 3 days on a single charge with my One Plus One. With my Galaxy S3, a lot of times I was pressed to get a single day. After having the One Plus One, I'll probably never go back to a major player (Samsung/LG/Apple) again. Having absolutely zero bloat is amazing and does wonders for the speed and battery life of the phone. Also, having zero issues with root and custom roms is great too.

I had a Galaxy S5 for 45 days, and it was horrible in comparison to the One Plus One. The bloatware was just piled and piled on, even compared to the S3.

I don't suppose anyone has an invite they can spare?

EDIT: This isn't the BST so I don't know if offering things is acceptable. coughcoughhinthint

Last edited:
Is either of you that has the phone able to send an invite? If so, let me know and i'll pm you the e-mail address.

Thanks!

I've ran various custom roms over the last few years.

A reason a lot of these phones from ATT, Tmobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc have such poor battery life is they have a shit ton bloatware and processes running that just kill the battery.

I've ran custom roms that literally increased by battery life 35% - 40%

I had a bunch of invites a while back and posted so in the Smartphone forum, didnt get one bite for them and they've long since expired and I havent gotten any more, likely because those didnt get used.

If I get more, I'll post there again.

Sorry.

EDIT - The phone really is amazing if you can get one.

This! Since getting my OPO, I've been able to do everything I couldn't do with my Nexus 4. I've got it loaded up with games, music, and even a bunch of Linux ISOs to use with DriveDroid, and I haven't even come close to maxing it out.

Over the weekend, I picked up a Bluetooth gamepad to use with emulators and a folding Bluetooth keyboard to use with Lil' Debi. Oh, and while seeing how long I could go with reading comics, I got about 8 hours of screen time. I'd be lucky to get 3 hours with the Nexus 4.

Nexus 6? Nah - this is what the Nexus 6 should have been.

This! Since getting my OPO, I've been able to do everything I couldn't do with my Nexus 4. I've got it loaded up with games, music, and even a bunch of Linux ISOs to use with DriveDroid, and I haven't even come close to maxing it out.

Over the weekend, I picked up a Bluetooth gamepad to use with emulators and a folding Bluetooth keyboard to use with Lil' Debi. Oh, and while seeing how long I could go with reading comics, I got about 8 hours of screen time. I'd be lucky to get 3 hours with the Nexus 4.

Nexus 6? Nah - this is what the Nexus 6 should have been.

Yeah I really don't understand what Google is thinking pricing the Nexus 6 at $649. Its basically an oversized Moto X with latest specs - and at that pricepoint you're practically forced to get it subsidized with a carrier agreement, which is a 180 on what made the Nexus line popular and great.

The OnePlusOne seems like its stepping into the void left by the N6's blundered - if not overly optimistic - pricing. Hopefully they can make a ton more of them, its exactly the kind of device that Android needs - bloat free, crapware-free, touchwiz-free and not carrier bound. A healthy alternative to the relentless onslaught of Samsung Galaxies that make up the bulk of android handset sales.

If anyone has an invite they could spare, I would love you long time.

Last edited:
If anyone gets invites, I'd love to get one of these phones! Send me an invite :D

My note 2 just went kaput today so if anyone has an invite I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise it will be a note 4 come Sunday. Blech...

I have to give my wife my iphone 5S as her 16gb won't even hold all her medical apps from school now. Would love an invite if anyone has one.

haha wow. listening to you guys talk about this phone while having a galaxy nexus is pretty, uh... yeah.

For ~twice the price.

Twice the technology package, brand new OS, slimmer design, better battery life etc etc etc etc.....

Hell for 15 min's of charge and get 6 hours of use......id pay double for that.

This phone is already out of date, and come mid December-January it will be extremely outdated. Would rather wait for a subsidized update and get it for the same price as the OnePlus

I have to give my wife my iphone 5S as her 16gb won't even hold all her medical apps from school now. Would love an invite if anyone has one.

What app's is she having to use? I work for a medical provider and med students have only a few apps.....nothing crazy.

What app's is she having to use? I work for a medical provider and med students have only a few apps.....nothing crazy.

Omnio and Skyscape are the 2 I can think of because they cost us a ton of money. There's others too plus when you factor in some pictures and stuff her 16gb went quickly.

Twice the technology package, brand new OS, slimmer design, better battery life etc etc etc etc.....

Hell for 15 min's of charge and get 6 hours of use......id pay double for that.

This phone is already out of date, and come mid December-January it will be extremely outdated. Would rather wait for a subsidized update and get it for the same price as the OnePlus

And i'll have had my OnePlus for 6+ months by then, not be on contract; and pay 1/3rd as much per month.. :)

in re: to the kid yammering on about the way way over-priced and boring aesthetics of the Nexus 6. Sounds like someone is trying to validate the fact he has to enter into a 2 year agreement since he cannot afford the extremely expensive Nexus 6. What's it cost? $700+ with taxes?

I went into an Apple Store a few days ago to check out a Macbook Pro from a seller off Craigslist and the Apple Staff, a few of them were actually taken aback and bewildered, shocked almost when they saw my Oneplus One.

People just don't understand how amazing this phone is, looks and performs.

Just got the phone yesterday. It is surprisingly well built. Was definitely worth the clicks on the website. I definitely recommend this phone...for the price. Of course there are better spec'd phones out there, but not at the same price.

Next open preorders are 11/17 @ 11AM EST.

Better phones? Sure .... like a handful if that.

There might be maybe 3 - 4 phones .. SLIGHTLY better spec wise. With better having a night and day difference between a lot of people.

If you factor in price, this is probably the best phone on the market.

I have one, my wife has one, and just got another invite and my cousin will be recieving his soon.

Great phone at $349, anyone saying otherwise probably has an iPhone.

It is truly a WOW factor phone. Once you touch it and use it you are amazed at how inexpensive they are selling it. I just got this email today.

OnePlus
PRE-ORDERS: ROUND 2

We’re bringing back Pre-orders, and we’ve made a lot of improvements behind the scenes. This time, we’ve requested NASA to help us launch Mission Pre-orders Round 2 with optimized load balancing.

Starting now, you can begin filling your shopping cart to prepare for the big event. Pre-orders kick off on November 17 at 16:00 GMT (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST) for one hour only. Your One will be just a click away.

I would very much appreciate an invite.

Back